• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I think 505s are a regular fit jean for Levis so I'm not sure you'd like a pair of APCs, even the rescues. Context has measurements for them: http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=7 The thighs look pretty small. I think most of the regular fit raw denim jeans are from some of the japanese companies. Your best bet would be to post in the I have a jean thread or maybe the selfedge one.

HuggyGiraffe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clyde
Anyone know where I can get the Camel 80s Mac in medium from AW10?

Sorry, I don't know, but I am also looking for the 80's Mac in camel, size L, so if anyone knows where to snag it please let us know.

raphaelargus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
The thighs look pretty small. I think most of the regular fit raw denim jeans are from some of the japanese companies. Your best bet would be to post in the I have a jean thread or maybe the selfedge one.

Thanks for the link, I hadn't come across that before. Doesn't even look like I'll be able to even get a leg in, much less try to wear them.

I'll try one of the other threads you mentioned. Thanks!

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright. A question for y'all for a raw denim noob.

So I just got a pair of used (but pretty much unworn) PS in size 27. When I tried them on at the store (new) I could hardly fit into them but with these (which were worn about 4 times only and never washed/soaked) the waist and rise are huge on me. They fit perfectly in the thigh and calf though.

So what am I suppose to do at this point? Cold soak them? Hot soak them? Take them to the tailor and get the waist taken in? These are 1-2 sizes down from my normal waist size so I do not think I could go down to a 26. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt
Alright. A question for y'all for a raw denim noob.

So I just got a pair of used (but pretty much unworn) PS in size 27. When I tried them on at the store (new) I could hardly fit into them but with these (which were worn about 4 times only and never washed/soaked) the waist and rise are huge on me. They fit perfectly in the thigh and calf though.

So what am I suppose to do at this point? Cold soak them? Hot soak them? Take them to the tailor and get the waist taken in? These are 1-2 sizes down from my normal waist size so I do not think I could go down to a 26. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

are you sure they're the same size and same cut? the rise doesn't get any higher when they stretch.

if you want to keep them, i'd cold soak the waistband/upper block, then wear a belt with them to stop them from stretching out any more.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
are you sure they're the same size and same cut? the rise doesn't get any higher when they stretch.

if you want to keep them, i'd cold soak the waistband/upper block, then wear a belt with them to stop them from stretching out any more.

Positive. APC PS size 27. I tried them on in-store and couldn't button up the last button. Is it perhaps because I bought them off another SFer who stretched them to his waist/ass (maybe an inch or two bigger than mine)? That is why I am thinking I should soak them back down?

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphaelargus
Looking at some sample measurements, it seems like the Rescue might work for me, but I'm wondering exactly which size? I know that the advice here is usually for slim or super slim, so I'm a little hesistant to take it at face value.
i'm 33 actual waist, and also a little older so i like the rescues with trainers for daily wear. then new standard with dress shoes for a more MC style. i got 30 in NS and 29 (!) in rescue. here's what context said when i told them i was 33 actual, 30 NS: "Half of our guys who wear both of these jeans take a size smaller in the Rescue. If you go with the 30 they will end up even baggier than your New Standards. A 29 will be comparable but in a wider leg. Hope this helps. Regards- Sam" edit - ah just saw the 23" thighs. that might be a problem. although mine are 20 or so and work fine.

xM.

Reaction score
They're unisex. They tag smaller sizes with "F" but there's no difference, although the smaller sizes tend to have shorter rises.

FozzyBadfeet

Reaction score
Hello,

Finally joined the forums but have been reading the posts.

I was planning on purchasing a pair of New Standards in a 36 but not too sure if it would be too tight for me because I have pretty big thighs and calves. I owned a pair of Rescues and those fit fine, but I didn't like the straight fit on them. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

mikeman

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a jean that fit similar to the New Standard? I've been wearing mine for years now, but want to try something different. Any help would be great.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some photos to my previous question: quick pics authentic?
5409609636_77b00489da_z.jpg
5409609488_4c9c3d4620.jpg
5408996815_a2e7081337.jpg

see how it is crooked, thanks.

matty800

Reaction score
quick question

i know that size 28 APC Petit Standards fit well for me. What size is this for 3sixteen ST-100x - Slim Leg Indigo Selvedge??

would the size 28 for the 3sixteens be the same as the 28s for APC PS??

thanks a ton!!!

_C350_

Reaction score
how are APC NS blacks? are they nice, worth buying?

are they too similar to Raws?

thank you very much
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics