1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. halisray

halisray Senior Member

I don't like black APCs that much. They look odd.

2. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Distinguished Member

apc new standards in a 29 will be a good fit, probably slimmer than you are used to at first but if you are skinny/fit then they'll look good. or uniqlo japan slim straights, true to size, if you want something looser.

Someone please help a raw denim n00b...

I've been doing a lot of reading here and other places and I've read some of the common sizing wisdom, but here's my dilemma. I'm probably much older than most of you here and I'm not looking for a slim fit. At all. To the eye, people still describe me as skinny/fit, but there's not much worse than an older guy trying to look young. [​IMG]

I typically wear Levi 505s and I like the fit that I get with 32" labeled waists. When I measure across a pair whose fit I prefer, it measures 17" straight across the waist. My real waist is 33" and I suspect most of you would describe the fit as "normal" or "ever so slightly baggy".

Also, I'm around 5'9 or 5'10 and around 165 lbs, but I think my thighs are proportionally larger than they should be for my size. Upper thigh is 23" around and mid thigh is 22" around.

So given my preference for a 505-type fit at my measurements, should I even be looking at APCs? Looking at some sample measurements, it seems like the Rescue might work for me, but I'm wondering exactly which size? I know that the advice here is usually for slim or super slim, so I'm a little hesistant to take it at face value.

Another note, I don't care about honeycombing or whiskering so much, but a nice custom fade would be nice, which is the reason why I'm looking at raw.

3. yesssir

yesssir Senior Member

Do the black new standards stretch as much as the indigo? If anyone has any evos of black new standards I would love to see them.

4. entrero

entrero Distinguished Member

Blacks have less stretch because it's a different denim. Get the same size as your indigo apc. Black NS are very hard to fade, most give up on them. Sammurai Black Knights on the other hand gives black denim buyers some hope.

5. 13k

13k Senior Member

apc new standards in a 29 will be a good fit, probably slimmer than you are used to at first but if you are skinny/fit then they'll look good. or uniqlo japan slim straights, true to size, if you want something looser.

For a true 33" waist I would not size down to a 29 especially with 22" thighs. I'm a size 32" waist/~21"thigh and I sized down to a 30 and it was pretty tight in the beginning. If you are dead set on New Standards I'd try sizing down 1 for a looser fit, but keep in mind the waist will stretch a lot. My size 30 NS are decently loose around the waist but its slim everywhere else. For similar fit to 505's "regular fit" I'd recommend Rescues as those are more straight leg than all other cuts. Again, try them on if possible.

Do the black new standards stretch as much as the indigo? If anyone has any evos of black new standards I would love to see them.

Consensus is no. The black dyed standards don't stretch as much as the indigo ones.

6. Philip1209

Philip1209 Well-Known Member

I've never seen them at less than 165 dollars. But this is only for the new cures.

I bought my first pair of raws last week (APC NS) from Azalea Boutique using their 25% off 'NewYear' coupon code (http://www.retailmenot.com/view/azaleasf.com). I don't know if the code is still working, but it was a hell of a deal.

7. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Distinguished Member

Sweet NS cords for sale, by me. Check the sig.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

Some photos to my previous question: quick pics

authentic?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

see how it is crooked, thanks.

Anyone?

And how do black NS stretch compared to the indigo?

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Distinguished Member

Blacks have less stretch because it's a different denim. Get the same size as your indigo apc. Black NS are very hard to fade, most give up on them. Sammurai Black Knights on the other hand gives black denim buyers some hope.

or kop black diors but hate that price

10. gettoasty

thanks, i have a pair already. do not wear as often as indigo and was just wondering if my black pair thigh area will stretch more. just probably need to wear it more.

i like how they don't fade. would not like a gray pair tbh

11. NaTionS

NaTionS Distinguished Member

Any place besides the APC site to buy black new standards?

12. halisray

halisray Senior Member

Anyone?

And how do black NS stretch compared to the indigo?

yes those are authentic

and they stretch the same.. all is different is the colour..

13. gettoasty

^ thanks x 2

14. Qudi

Qudi Senior Member

Buying first pair of raw denim, need help. I usually wear 32s in 514. True waist is about 33.5in but I have naturally large thighs, around 22in. I want a slim look but not skintight, and a little room in the thigh after they stretch out (don't mind being a bit tight at first).

I ordered a 31 PS last week cause I wanted a slimmer leg than NS, but I tried on my friends 1 day old 29 NS and could button it all the way. Now I'm thinking maybe I should have gone with 30 PS? Could anyone that has experience with APCs give me some advice? Would be convenient to know so I can just return to sender and save on shipping :/

15. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Distinguished Member

I bought my first pair of raws last week (APC NS) from Azalea Boutique using their 25% off 'NewYear' coupon code (http://www.retailmenot.com/view/azaleasf.com). I don't know if the code is still working, but it was a hell of a deal.

Damn, didn't work for me. Didn't actually need a new pair but if this coupon code would have worked I would have bought