A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

the NC are very slim throughout the leg. Not super slim at the leg opening area, but still slim.

2. _C350_

_C350_ Active Member

NC

100% cotton
    14 oz. denim
    34" inseam
    9.75" front rise
    16" knee
    15" leg opening

PS

100% cotton
    14 oz. denim
    32" waist
    34" inseam
    9.25" front rise
    15.5" knee
    14.5" leg opening

NS

100% cotton
    14 oz. Japanese denim
    32" waist
    34" inseam
    10.5" front rise
    17" knee
    15" leg opening

NCs are slimmer than PS? are these measurement wrong then? uh oh..

3. ohyoumad

ohyoumad Senior member

getting my first pair today, how much bleeding should i expect? is wearing them with sand suede clarks a no-no?

4. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

NCs are definitely slimmer than PS.......... PS is the one that was designed to fill the gap between the cures and new standards..

why am i on this thread

5. jslade

jslade Senior member

Question regarding stacks: the stacks of my new New Cures are all rigid and hard; in short, they look terrible. Do they settle down after a while into better looking stacks that fall correctly and as they're supposed to?

Better yet, does anybody have a picture of the stacks on a pair of APCs are a while?

Thanks! [​IMG]

6. C-Note

C-Note Senior member

I think it's safe to say that stacks in general typically get better as they settle, so I think your pair should be fine. I don't have fit pics but I'm sure I've seen many with stacks (most of them do) and they're good

7. max_r

max_r Senior member

Question regarding stacks: the stacks of my new New Cures are all rigid and hard; in short, they look terrible. Do they settle down after a while into better looking stacks that fall correctly and as they're supposed to?

Better yet, does anybody have a picture of the stacks on a pair of APCs are a while?

Thanks! [​IMG]

they do settle after a while. my new standards bunched around my knees for a while, kinda annoying.

my petit standards, however, looked awesome from the get-go

8. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Haven't bought denim in over a year. Looking for a pair that has a slightly roomy upper block (like 21cms) and a slight taper from the knee down (not carrot jeans though). Will the PS work?

Also, how much stretching can I expect in the thighs from the PS?

9. flyguy25

flyguy25 Well-Known Member

nice, what's the belt?

Sorry for the late response it's a Tanner Goods natural

10. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

Im confused, but what should I get , im a size 28 dior 19cm/29 dior 17.5(perfect fit), 28 thanaz, 28-29 thin finn. Thanks also what cut should I go for?

Help Apreciated !

11. nishidam

nishidam Member

Haven't bought denim in over a year. Looking for a pair that has a slightly roomy upper block (like 21cms) and a slight taper from the knee down (not carrot jeans though). Will the PS work?

Also, how much stretching can I expect in the thighs from the PS?

ps have a roomier thigh than the ns iirc, but the ps tapers more, while the ns has a slight taper from the knee downwards.

12. tropics

tropics Senior member

Sorry for the late response it's a Tanner Goods natural

thanks, sweet looking belt

13. arkestal

arkestal Active Member

Petite Standard. I'm usually a 31, but I chose 30 and after about 2 months of wear without washing the waist is getting a bit "flappy"...not sure if this will shrink when washing. Didn't think the waist would expand this way.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

out of curiosity but if my size tag that sits below the APC tag i.e. APC "New Standard" is off a little to the left side and no center directly on the middle seam/underneath the brand label, is it authentic? or are some of the size tags placed that way?

15. raphaelargus

raphaelargus Well-Known Member

Someone please help a raw denim n00b... I've been doing a lot of reading here and other places and I've read some of the common sizing wisdom, but here's my dilemma. I'm probably much older than most of you here and I'm not looking for a slim fit. At all. To the eye, people still describe me as skinny/fit, but there's not much worse than an older guy trying to look young. [​IMG] I typically wear Levi 505s and I like the fit that I get with 32" labeled waists. When I measure across a pair whose fit I prefer, it measures 17" straight across the waist. My real waist is 33" and I suspect most of you would describe the fit as "normal" or "ever so slightly baggy". Also, I'm around 5'9 or 5'10 and around 165 lbs, but I think my thighs are proportionally larger than they should be for my size. Upper thigh is 23" around and mid thigh is 22" around. So given my preference for a 505-type fit at my measurements, should I even be looking at APCs? Looking at some sample measurements, it seems like the Rescue might work for me, but I'm wondering exactly which size? I know that the advice here is usually for slim or super slim, so I'm a little hesistant to take it at face value. Another note, I don't care about honeycombing or whiskering so much, but a nice custom fade would be nice, which is the reason why I'm looking at raw.