1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior Member

so is the consensus to go with the same sizing for the Black NS as you would the raw indigo NS? i've seen one person suggest this but would like to hear other opinions if possible regarding stretch. i wear a 29 NS/31 waist and they still seem a bit tight after months of break-in.

2. Bullethead86

Bullethead86 Active Member

how do you get that cellphone fade on the NS right pocket?

3. C-Note

C-Note Senior Member

I'm not sure what you mean but put a cellphone in the NS right pocket...

4. Bullethead86

Bullethead86 Active Member

yea but i constantly use it and it moves around in the pocket a bit. i was wondering if i should just keep a broken cell phone in there that i never take out instead of a working one?

5. Transcendental

Transcendental Senior Member

lol!

Who cares that much about a fade? Let it happen naturally if you want it to.

6. C-Note

C-Note Senior Member

Yea it's kind of iffy to just put something in there like a cell phone that you don't use just for the cosmetic look of a cell phone fade. People tend to say that jeans should reflect your lifestyle to some degree, if the phone won't fade then it won't fade. But it probably will eventually. And if it were something like a hippo fade like I saw on super future then it might be a bit of a different story because it's a unique type of fade, but a broken cell phone seems over the top.

But hey, it's up to you because it's your jeans

7. jaac

jaac Senior Member

so is the consensus to go with the same sizing for the Black NS as you would the raw indigo NS? i've seen one person suggest this but would like to hear other opinions if possible regarding stretch. i wear a 29 NS/31 waist and they still seem a bit tight after months of break-in.

I have the same size black NS as indigo, 28, naturally a 30 waist, i wear 28 in PS but the black denim definately stretches less and i couldnt get a 28ps to work for me.

8. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Senior Member

how much looser is a size 29 ns compared to a size 28?

i currently have a size 28, and it is skin tight in the thighs, I need some looser jeans. Or should I go with a size 28 rescue?

i am a size 30-31 in most jeans.

9. Nazareth

Nazareth Senior Member

Yea it's kind of iffy to just put something in there like a cell phone that you don't use just for the cosmetic look of a cell phone fade. People tend to say that jeans should reflect your lifestyle to some degree, if the phone won't fade then it won't fade. But it probably will eventually. And if it were something like a hippo fade like I saw on super future then it might be a bit of a different story because it's a unique type of fade, but a broken cell phone seems over the top.

But hey, it's up to you because it's your jeans

I agree with this. To be honest, I think wallet and cell phone fades are kind of ugly anyways. And if you're intentionally doing it when you don't even use it that's like one step behind being one of those douches with a brass knuckle fade.

10. bluebeansoup

bluebeansoup Active Member

I'm new to raw denim and have been looking into it recently. I've decided that I want to go with the APC NCs as my first pair of raw jeans. I'm about a 30 waist and from what I've read, I should get 28 waist for the NCs, but I want to make sure here. What do you guys think?

For reference, I have some Levi's 511 black stretch in 31x30 that fit very well.

Thank you!

11. _C350_

_C350_ Active Member

I'm new to raw denim and have been looking into it recently. I've decided that I want to go with the APC NCs as my first pair of raw jeans. I'm about a 30 waist and from what I've read, I should get 28 waist for the NCs, but I want to make sure here. What do you guys think? For reference, I have some Levi's 511 black stretch in 31x30 that fit very well. Thank you!
    I recently bought NC size 30. I wear size 32 sometimes 31 in 511s. I have tried size 29 NC, almost impossible to wear. I would get 29 maybe even 28 NS but for NC I would get 30 maybe..29. I have been wearing 30 for about a week now and buttoning the top still is a little uncomfortable. So for you I would think 29 would be how I am feeling with 30 NC. You could do 28 but NC 28 probably will take a lot of patience .. ie a lot of stretching / break in time hope that helps

12. bluebeansoup

bluebeansoup Active Member

I recently bought NC size 30.
    I wear size 32 sometimes 31 in 511s.

I have tried size 29 NC, almost impossible to wear.
    I would get 29 maybe even 28 NS but for NC I would get 30 maybe..29.

I have been wearing 30 for about a week now and buttoning the top still is a little uncomfortable.

So for you I would think 29 would be how I am feeling with 30 NC.
    You could do 28 but NC 28 probably will take a lot of patience .. ie a lot of stretching / break in time

hope that helps

Thanks! It does. I wasn't aware of how long it takes to stretch. I'm starting to learn more toward the 29. Now just to find somewhere that has them in stock aside from APC's site for $175...

13. _C350_

_C350_ Active Member

if you are in Canada . they sell it at Holt

if you are in the states Barneys New York has them.

14. computurd

computurd Senior Member

Looking to buy some petit standards in size 25 if anyone has (or maybe even a 24)

15. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior Member

Thanks! It does. I wasn't aware of how long it takes to stretch. I'm starting to learn more toward the 29. Now just to find somewhere that has them in stock aside from APC's site for $175...

make sure you measure your thighs first.