A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I prefer PS, but 4 down from your natural waist sounds right for the NS (granted you're going for a fit like most people here seem to prefer). The fact that you said 'natural waist' leads me to believe that you actually understand what's going on. People use 'true waist size' to mean several different things. [​IMG] I would love to have some agreement about the term, but it would be a giant headache to bring about.

also, Levi's lacks consistency with their actual measured waists (not sure about LVC) so I wouldn't think of it as a point of reference.

2. halisray

halisray Senior member

When you say 4 down you mean, 2 down accounting for APC sizing then sizing 2 down from there right?

3. _C350_

_C350_ Active Member

I see that most people are getting Petite Standard and New Standard.

how is New Cure? do people have and like them? How are they compare to PS and NS

I like slim fit kinda in between Levi 511 and 510

thanks a bunch!

4. tropics

tropics Senior member

Do the NS fit you slim?

i think so... but bear in mind i'm also 33 yrs old so the super slim thing the kids have going on confuses and frightens me

5. Alex C

Alex C Senior member

I prefer PS, but 4 down from your natural waist sounds right for the NS (granted you're going for a fit like most people here seem to prefer). The fact that you said 'natural waist' leads me to believe that you actually understand what's going on. People use 'true waist size' to mean several different things. [​IMG] I would love to have some agreement about the term, but it would be a giant headache to bring about.

also, Levi's lacks consistency with their actual measured waists (not sure about LVC) so I wouldn't think of it as a point of reference.

When you say 4 down you mean, 2 down accounting for APC sizing then sizing 2 down from there right?

The 4 I was figuring was 2 for APC's vanity sizing and 2 for the hefty stretching people say APCs tend to have. Seems quasi-reasonable. I figure if I buy retail in France I can guess that number and wear them tight enough that they button and don't look like leggings and call it a day.

6. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

Just scored my third pair of New Standards on ebay for 51 bucks. Practically new.

7. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

That's a steal and a half, I will probably be selling all or most of my New Standards shortly on here, all size 32 and all worn only a few times.

8. halisray

halisray Senior member

Finally got a pair of APC NS. Size 29, true waist is 32". Pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Could barely get the top button on, pretty damn stiff.. can't wait to break these in.

9. jslade

jslade Senior member

How much would you guys say that APCs bleed? Do you think that the indigo rub off on a pair of black boots?

10. halisray

halisray Senior member

indigo on black? I shouldn't think you would notice.. I know on my other raw denim jeans they bled a bit onto my brown leather boots, then again it made them look even nicer.

11. EndlessPearl

EndlessPearl New Member

PC Rescue Since August 2008

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. _C350_

_C350_ Active Member

no love for New Cures?
    I thought that would be the most popular one since its between NS and PS from the measurements..
    hmm..

13. Pizza

Pizza Member

I'm a tall/athletically built dude and have lots of love for the petit standards - not sized down. they fit really, really well. Just my two cents - check them out! Tres bien shop will get them to you very quick.

14. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

no love for New Cures?
    I thought that would be the most popular one since its between NS and PS from the measurements..
    hmm..

It's not. NS and PS are similar (except PS= lower rise, tapered leg); NC is tight through the thighs til midcalf where it straightens out.

15. jslade

jslade Senior member

It's not. NS and PS are similar (except PS= lower rise, tapered leg); NC is tight through the thighs til midcalf where it straightens out.
    I was always under the impression that NC were looser through the thighs, and then had a sharp taper from midcalf down.

The New Cure is a mid rise jean that tapers considerably to the leg opening.