• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
get the hoody unless you have too many. its super warm and comfy and although everyone on SF and SuFu has one, no one else does.

i just dont like the way the zip cardi looks like a wannabe track jacket

Good call on the track jacket thing; I was wondering what was throwing me off a little about that.

Cue obnoxious sizing question: will an M suffice for someone who's a skinny 6'1"?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Cue obnoxious sizing question: will an M suffice for someone who's a skinny 6'1"?

yeah the tigerfleece pull over one is nice but dont like that track jacket one

ummm no idea on medium but im a small in all w+h and im like a 36R chest, 135-40ish lbs and 5'8. so yes depending on your weight/chest size ...

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RG reverse fair isle cardigan in plum

23550878_o3_mb.jpg

i like the lighter version with white and purple but this is the really dark, almost ominous looking one called plum

sorry for the tiny pic only one i could find

yay or nay? also regular crew or cardi?

???

Fluery

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Good call on the track jacket thing; I was wondering what was throwing me off a little about that.

yeah.
i have a large and i'm 6'1" ~180
pretty snug around the shoulders and arms but it's all good

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
why does no one go by chest size...for w+h tiger fleece nowadays if you have a 39" chest (like me) a L should fit you well.
seriously. weight is almost useless for determining what size someone would wear in a given brand. People have different builds and distribute weight differently

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
???

I have the plum with the whiter reverse fair isle crew neck and the piece is really really nice. I was thinking about the cardigan, but couldn't find the same version in the cardigan style. I think the sweater itself looks really sharp and distinct in the lighter fair isle pattern, but the darker one isn't too bad either.

Just be aware that the pattern is indeed reversed, meaning that it is essentially inside out so you have to be cautious not to rough it up too much or the yarn may snag and over time it may pile, but it goes with the territory for a very unique knit. That is my only gripe with the sweater, other than that I vote yes.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Left Field and think they deserve more love on this forum. Anyway...pockets look slightly weird and I wish the zip was a two way...but
Green_Hood_Front.jpg

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I have the plum with the whiter reverse fair isle crew neck and the piece is really really nice. I was thinking about the cardigan, but couldn't find the same version in the cardigan style. I think the sweater itself looks really sharp and distinct in the lighter fair isle pattern, but the darker one isn't too bad either.

Just be aware that the pattern is indeed reversed, meaning that it is essentially inside out so you have to be cautious not to rough it up too much or the yarn may snag and over time it may pile, but it goes with the territory for a very unique knit. That is my only gripe with the sweater, other than that I vote yes.

thanks for this ... i just cant seem to find a decent pic of it in the darker plum. every google try comes up with the version you have, which i prefer, but didnt have the green to spare at the time

mk.ultra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I love Left Field and think they deserve more love on this forum. Anyway...pockets look slightly weird and I wish the zip was a two way...but

Green_Hood_Front.jpg

pockets look absolutely ridiculous...

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of with you on the pockets. I didn't notice them until I saw the zoomed in photo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads