Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Yes, pass on that hoodie. I like Left Field too, but that's Champion status with those pockets and the zipper.

thanks for this ... i just cant seem to find a decent pic of it in the darker plum. every google try comes up with the version you have, which i prefer, but didnt have the green to spare at the time

No problem. The Geller look book/webiste has the colorway of the one you're looking at (assuming you're checking out S&W for that one right?). I mentioned their broken link pics, but looks like they never got around to fixing them. They sent me pics a while back but I don't think I saved them.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

wow dude you read my mind ... i just pm'd you

3. MelonSnapple

MelonSnapple Active Member

4. Meis

Meis Senior member

Anyone have any experience with Bespoken's shirting?

Looks slim from the pics I've seen, but I haven't found any measurements for them anywhere

5. syang451

syang451 Active Member

6. Surreal

Surreal Senior member

I tried on this black slim fit jacket and it seems to fit really well. The hand length is good (at last) and the waist is narrow. The shoulders are broader than on most jackets so they fit my build although you can see a bit of shoulder muscle protruding at the side.

It's about 180 bucks for the jacket and so far I haven't found anything better. I'm not sure if this jacket goes with pants (suit), but I would buy the set if it does.

It's cotton.

What do you think?
    [​IMG]

7. Rover!

Rover! Senior member

^ too big in the shoulders dude

8. Surreal

Surreal Senior member

^ too big in the shoulders dude

Actually, it's a bit too small. Can you see that my shoulder is protruding? I have a very different shoulder/waist ratio. I tried smaller jackets and I couldn't move my arms because shoulders where too narrow.

9. max_r

max_r Senior member

jacket looks okay, but i can't tell much from those poses or those poor quality pictures.

probably best off asking in MC ask a question thread, they'll probably give you better pointers on what to look for.

10. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

I need help. I desperately need a new pair of shoes. I have it down to the Polo Edric and the Alden Indy boot. They would be for use with chinos and jeans. I work in a hospital and sometimes have days in an office so they would be worn there too. They both fit the dress code so it is not an issue. Indy boot would be Chrome Excel of course. Opinions?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

Actually, it's a bit too small. Can you see that my shoulder is protruding? I have a very different shoulder/waist ratio. I tried smaller jackets and I couldn't move my arms because shoulders where too narrow.
    I think the cut is wrong for you. The shoulder at the back extends more than the front, where you have a lot of muscle, so you're getting divoting. Essentially, the front is too tight and the back too loose. You might be able to tailor this but it's not simple and will probably cost $$$. I have the same problem because I have muscle + shoulder rounding. I get divoting even on jackets that are theoretically the "right" size. It's probably best to find a jacket where the shoulder construction fits your build.

12. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

http://images.urbanoutfitters.com/is...a?$detailmain$
    Thinking bout getting these because i have absolutely no khaki

Those are the most boring pants in the entire world.

I need help. I desperately need a new pair of shoes. I have it down to the Polo Edric and the Alden Indy boot. They would be for use with chinos and jeans. I work in a hospital and sometimes have days in an office so they would be worn there too. They both fit the dress code so it is not an issue. Indy boot would be Chrome Excel of course. Opinions?

Indy boot. Chunky, heavily stitched loafers look vaguely orthopedic.

13. Surreal

Surreal Senior member

I think the cut is wrong for you. The shoulder at the back extends more than the front, where you have a lot of muscle, so you're getting divoting. Essentially, the front is too tight and the back too loose. You might be able to tailor this but it's not simple and will probably cost $$$.

I have the same problem because I have muscle + shoulder rounding. I get divoting even on jackets that are theoretically the "right" size. It's probably best to find a jacket where the shoulder construction fits your build.

Tried some other suit jackets today. Pics attached. Not very good quality though, can't get better with my phone. They say they can tailor the arms to add a few cm's, but how is the fit otherwise?
    [​IMG]

14. Hartmann

Hartmann Senior member

Fit is much better at the shoulders from what I can see. However, the striped jacket looks like it still has a lot of unnecessary arm bunching. Not sure what's going on there, so you might want to pass on it.

The only other issue is that the collar seems to be standing away from your neck in the pics. If it's not because of the awkward stance, it's because the jacket looks to be slightly tight over the chest/trapezius, and is getting lifted up. I think a competent tailor can cut the collar to adjust for this but I'm not 100% sure, since I usually have the reverse problem (neck bunching).

Of course, you might want to ask around for a camera to take better photos and ask some MC guys, they will have better suggestions on fit/tailoring.

15. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member