• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im waiting for another pair of anfibios to go on Sufu used. Not gonna pay 1k for something with a crepe sole.

stinger70

Reaction score
5290537895_a52fbc57f5_z.jpg
Dont usually like W + H but this looks pretty cool. Not bland like most of their stuff.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
Fillipa K high-waisted triple-pleated grey flannel trousers for $95? I'm on the fence. They're pretty rad, but not fully sure how I'd wear them.

what size and where?
devil.gif

(i don't actually know what they look like but i'm dying for some high waisted pleated pants)

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I think you will find the Natural much more versatile than the latter. They will age beautifully as well and you'll worry less about the occasional scratch or accidental curb scuff.

http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-con...-selectism.jpg

I agree with this. I also think the first would be more versatile and have my eye on them for my size, but have to wait for restocks. The Natural color is my pick.

Originally Posted by stinger70
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5089/5290537895_a52fbc57f5_z.jpg

Dont usually like W + H but this looks pretty cool. Not bland like most of their stuff.

I am a fan of that colorway over the navy one they released and was actually contemplating that before I decided to jump on the parka instead. I still would have preferred they used buttons instead of a zipper, but still gets my vote.

Originally Posted by hendrix
what size and where?
devil.gif

(i don't actually know what they look like but i'm dying for some high waisted pleated pants)

Hey, hope all is well where you are man given the flooding. Forget your exact location, but hopefully you have made out ok.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
argh you're deliberately antagonising me aren't you?

NZ=/ Aus.

all good man. Trust me, if there was flooding here i would certainly break out the togs you sold me!

we did have some heavy rain last night though, so who knows?

Hopefully that all clears up in Aus though. I have a few cousins over there, they're all right. pretty crazy

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Shite. I thought it you were from down under, bad memory man, oops. I'll continue to blame my cold meds until I feel 100% again.

Hope the trunks serve you well though my man
smile.gif

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what size and where?
devil.gif

In Toronto, at Nomad. They're not showing up on their website, but they had them in 48, 50, 52, I think (there were two pairs of 48s; not 100% sure what the other sizes were, except that they were bigger).

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn, i'm a 46 in pants. O well, my search continues. I want high rise + pleats and a relatively relaxed cut, but not MC. maybe that is MC by definition. also don't want belt loops. Hopefully i'll find something.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
well, technically i am from down under, just not Australia!

Never call a Kiwi an Aussie.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

kwoyeu

Reaction score
how do you tell which boo shirts are likely to be sold out at sales time? i really like this one at oc but not sure if i should pull the trigger now...

pop_28432_1-red.jpg

pop_28432_2-red.jpg

Surreal

Reaction score
I tried on this black slim fit jacket and it seems to fit really well. The hand length is good (at last) and the waist is narrow. The shoulders are broader than on most jackets so they fit my build although you can see a bit of shoulder muscle protruding at the side. It's about 180 bucks for the jacket and so far I haven't found anything better. I'm not sure if this jacket goes with pants (suit), but I would buy the set if it does. It's cotton. What do you think?

Working Stiff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn, i'm a 46 in pants. O well, my search continues. I want high rise + pleats and a relatively relaxed cut, but not MC. maybe that is MC by definition. also don't want belt loops. Hopefully i'll find something.

I'll be taking these in a bit in the waist - I'm more of a 46 as well. They fit a bit small, for a 48. Think I'm going to go buy them. Here's hoping I look like the Thin White Duke, and not just a weird old man.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally found red chambray shortssss!

41GdhF8XSyL._SY445_.jpg

yay or nay? Red chambray shorts are on my short to-kop list for SS'11 and would prefer a more quality pair (these are Obey) but dunno. Maybe w\\h will do a run of red or salmon shorts like their new hoodie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads