• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Overcoat and a wool tie? Must be friggin' cold in TX!

I have a cashmere overcoat on today in NOLA, Mr. D. It is in the 40's and the wind is whipping off of the lake. I was freezing ****** off today taking the pics in just this suit.

Mike

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Yes, it was friggin' COLD here today (by Houston standards). It was the perfect day for a three piece, but I spent the morning walking around a machine shop at an oil field services company, and thought the fabricators might find a waistcoat offputting. LOL

You risked ANY good suit in that environment? Did you at least Scotch Guard from head to toe?

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
2i0znfl.jpg
ng54c3.jpg

Suit still looks big. Tie and square are a bit matchy-matchy. And are those square-toed shoes?

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
5345973113_7f436a0534.jpg

Deets on the tie, please?

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please help the color-challenged. It seems to me that these pieces ought to work well together, but I don't think they do in practice. What have I got wrong, the theory or the execution? ("Both" is an acceptable answer, as long as an explanation is provided.)

Closeup-56.jpg
Sleeve-8.jpg

The jacket is a complex combination of green, brown, and midnight blue (or perhaps black). The tie is forest green cashmere on black warp. The slacks are chocolate brown with a very faint plaid pattern.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Preparing myself for the next foot of snow, and either a lovely unexpected day home with my kids, or a lovely mile and a half trudge to an empty classroom.

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Please help the color-challenged. It seems to me that these pieces ought to work well together, but I don't think they do in practice. What have I got wrong, the theory or the execution? ("Both" is an acceptable answer, as long as an explanation is provided.)

Closeup-56.jpg
Sleeve-8.jpg

The jacket is a complex combination of green, brown, and midnight blue (or perhaps black). The tie is forest green cashmere on black warp. The slacks are chocolate brown with a very faint plaid pattern.

In my opinion, it´s the shirt that makes the difference...it´s too light. I feel like the coat needs some more sound shirt counterpart...especially with that rather "motionless" tie.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Preparing myself for the next foot of snow, and either a lovely unexpected day home with my kids, or a lovely mile and a half trudge to an empty classroom.

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

Awesome from head to toe. No need to change a thing!

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the colors are too earthy and close in tones. the jacket and pants especially. then you throw in the dark green (?) tie and the burgundy p/s. they are all hitting the same tones, except the shirt. Its like lows, mids and highs in speakers. your pieces are all lows, and the shirt is a high ... you needed a couple mids to bring it all together ...
laugh.gif

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

i like the way the blue sweater pulls out the blues in the jacket ROb. When did you become a tasselled-loafah-luvah

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Closeup-56.jpg
Sleeve-8.jpg

TB, might I suggest either better photography, or a program that can edit away the overblown bleaching effect of your shots. These colors should work together, but they all appear too close together to establish any contrast. It could be the reality of the situation, or simply the picture.

Here is 2 seconds of work in Picasa. It does make it better, but I still think the colors are too close...as Nii suggested.

Threadbearer-1.jpg

Mike

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
I'm curious as to why the paisely tie with an entirely "summerish" outfit. Sweet shoes. So are the RTW Cleverlys really made by C&J? What's the fabric content of the jacket?
- I like the tie as it is only under certain light that the paisley is evident, also it is quite a light silk - & the these are the Anthony Cleverly range not the entry level http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...the-bodie-lsw/ - cloth is Loro Piana high twist wool/cash
Originally Posted by niidawg3
PG - i think the jacket could do with some suppression/shaping in the waist. its a little long on you, so with the lack of suppression, it makes it look a bit boxy.
- maybe the cloth as this is the same dimensions as all my other OTR Herringbone jackets
Originally Posted by apropos
- how can you determine relative length without a full body shot? - yet if it is indeed long, your statement still does not make sense 100% - a short jacket with little suppression looks boxy, a longer jacket with little suppression, cestus paribus, does not look as boxy. - if PG prefers his pants fuller, as i understand he does, the jacket will also be less likely to look boxy. having your pants slim and your jacket short and not ultra slim cut is a recipe for an impression of boxiness IMO, as per (sorry) NOBD's fits. - i understand that there are different body types underneath the clothes, but i think there is much more to recommend in this look than your run of the mill (sorry) spoo fit with button pulling aplenty at a too tight waist, lapels bowing out, etc - which to my eyes looks like the entire jacket cutting pattern has gone awry for the physique it drapes and that the entire front panel should be moved forward from the sleeve attachment as it is otherwise simply too tight for the chest and waist. just my 0.02 - here to share like everyone else.
- valid points
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
I kinda like long-ish jackets
peepwall[1].gif

- me too
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I see we had similar ideas today. Mike
- HIGH FIVE
Originally Posted by forex
Huh?Say it ain't so,I was thinking about those shoes in black.
http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...the-bodie-lsw/
Originally Posted by MBreinin
You should look for a collar that is wide enough so that the points come to, or better yet are slightly concealed by, the lapels of your jacket. Also, something that suits your face. If your face is long, then something that is wider will suit you...wide, then look to something longer. Again, welcome aboard. Mike
- Exackery
Originally Posted by niidawg3
i agree that my conclusion of the jacket's boxiness should be made irrespective of the length, ie a short jacket can be boxy and so can a long jacket. The issue i had with PG's jacket was not so much the length but the boxiness - and i definitely didnt articulate that well. needless to say, I dont need a full length shot to know a jacket is too long or too boxy. PG's jacket is not as suppressed as some of his other jackets he wears (be it with fuller cut pants or nut-huggers). And i didnt think it flattered him as well as many of his other jackets. i am in no way shape or form condoning jackets that pull every which way on your body.
- valid points

EnglishLapel

Reaction score
IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

Very nice NYR. Some of the best I have seen from you.
smile.gif

ndw

Reaction score

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit still looks big. Tie and square are a bit matchy-matchy. And are those square-toed shoes?

I appreciated the nudges Mr. T - this time the suit couldn't get much smaller, it fits me very snug. There are supposed to be sky blue squares on the tie - a bit Macclesfieldish - but they didn't come out in the pic too well. Absolutely not square toed shoes!
laugh.gif

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
You risked ANY good suit in that environment? Did you at least Scotch Guard from head to toe?

No, but I kept my cashmere overcoat on through the tour. LOL When the receptionist issued me safety glasses with my ID badge, I was like, oh ****, maybe I shouldn't have worn this . . .

Deets on the tie, please?

Cashmere from Drakes London. Purchased from my homeboy Will.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I have announced a 1 day impromptu fit battle. Voat!

Jeezus H. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads