• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Thanks, Mike. I guess what everyone is saying is that these pants make ****** look big
laugh.gif
Not sure i can fix that...

Well, I don't know.
lol8[1].gif
. To me, the jacket is fitted very nicely. I like the waist suppression, I like the roll of the lapels, the chest looks great, the shoulders fit nicely. It has a great silhoutte.

Then, there is the bottom. I don't know if it is you, or just the cut. It almost looks like the trousers are billowing out (almost flat, like a crease) right around the hip. It has a tree trunk type of appearance. Maybe it is the flat footed, feet splayed pose that is enhancing this? Could you try a more relaxed pose? Maybe something like I do. This might open some space between the legs and draw in any excess fabric around the hips.

With that said, it is a lovely suit and a great combination.

As far as my shirt, I hear you.

Mike

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Makes me even forgive the lack of a pocket square.

Thanks for the compliments, Nii. I just haven't gotten caught up in the PS thing. Maybe one day, but it just doesn't feel right to me on a daily basis right now.

Trini, I totally agree with NDW on this one. He is who he is. I am bigger too so can relate with the point NDW is making. Sometimes, it is what it is. IMHO, going with an extended shoulder beyond what he has today will rather throw his proportions off.

Both jacket and pants fit pretty well, based on his physical proportions.

I could probably try and work on proportion a little bit more, but I think that would force me into the realm of bespoke or MTM, and I am satisfied, although I am slowly beginning to develop the urge to have more control over fabric, fit etc. that these options allow.

I look at a poster like PG and recognize the benefits of bespoke because his fit and proportion is always spot on, and I don't think he is what one would consider "skinny." I have just accepted that this is an ongoing pursuit for an ideal look that I may never achieve.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Well, I don't know.
lol8[1].gif
. To me, the jacket is fitted very nicely. I like the waist suppression, I like the roll of the lapels, the chest looks great, the shoulders fit nicely. It has a great silhoutte.

Then, there is the bottom. I don't know if it is you, or just the cut. It almost looks like the trousers are billowing out (almost flat, like a crease) right around the hip. It has a tree trunk type of appearance. Maybe it is the flat footed, feet splayed pose that is enhancing this? Could you try a more relaxed pose? Maybe something like I do. This might open some space between the legs and draw in any excess fabric around the hips.

With that said, it is a lovely suit and a great combination.

As far as my shirt, I hear you.

Mike

I have this issue a lot with RTW and MTM as well. I have knocked-knees and no ass so I get horseshoe shaped ripples in the back of my thighs. Getting excess fabric in the sides and back right below the wasitband taken up into the waistband makes the pants produce a better line and hang without puddling up making your thighs and wast look huge.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
You guys always look so on the mark.
worship.gif
Originally Posted by TTO
Holdfast, again, I dislike the tie, but everything else
bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Nice fit today C - colors are nice, not sure if I am feeling the tie pattern though - I thought I was in Threadbearers culling thread for a second
peepwall[1].gif

Ha ha! This tie always brings the h8 on SF.
smile.gif
However, it's a particular favourite of mine, being one of a handful of ties I nicked from my dad when he retired and let me have what I wanted from his selection, so it's going nowhere. I think all the ties I chose from his are seriously flashy. There's this very 80s Valentino, a classic very bold medusa early 90s Versace and few other retro-flash similar items.
devil.gif
A special thank you to Tom at LeatherSoul for hooking up the Gazianos!
The shoes, shirt and shoes work splendidly together.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Brown in Town Thursday
It's probably the angle, but are the trouser creases centered properly? They look a bit skewiff to me. Bring on the vitriol; I'm having another go at playing around with this new pair of trainers. Same jeans, but a different shirt and a jacket that should tick all the non-SF-approved boxes and engender a few comments...
devil.gif
Having fun experimenting:
jan06006.jpg

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will catch up a bit later...

Torrential rain and no real daylight so inside shots only. Not enough room in my office for a full length shot...

20110106_detail.jpg

20110106_shoes.jpg

Shoes: Loake Exeter
Shirt: Aquascutum
Tie: TM Lewin
PS: Muji
Suit: Mangas

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big things Thursday :
A special thank you to Tom at LeatherSoul for hooking up the Gazianos!

The whole thing rocks, but the shoes are gorgeous.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Thanks for the compliments, Nii. I just haven't gotten caught up in the PS thing. Maybe one day, but it just doesn't feel right to me on a daily basis right now.

I could probably try and work on proportion a little bit more, but I think that would force me into the realm of bespoke or MTM, and I am satisfied, although I am slowly beginning to develop the urge to have more control over fabric, fit etc. that these options allow.

I look at a poster like PG and recognize the benefits of bespoke because his fit and proportion is always spot on, and I don't think he is what one would consider "skinny." I have just accepted that this is an ongoing pursuit for an ideal look that I may never achieve.

I don't necessarily see any problems with how your pants fit. Yes, they make you look hippy or bottom heavy, but as mentioned above, it is how your body is built. I also don't think that you might get a bespoke garment that will fit just as good as your current RTW stuff without going to top bespoke makers and drop significant dough. If I were you,I would just keep getting RTW which can be altered and if i can get my suits and jackets fit like yours,I wouldn't worry about going custom. There is the option of choosing fabrics and changing certain elements with custom but is it worth to pay the premium which could be three or four times as much as your RTW stuff?

ndw

Reaction score
6a9d7980.jpg

[/center]

It appears today was navy polka dot tie day. Looks good. I recently sold a very similar camel coat because I could never figure out what to pair it with.

Originally Posted by forex
I don't necessarily see any problems with how your pants fit. Yes, they make you look hippy or bottom heavy, but as mentioned above, it is how your body is built. I also don't think that you might get a bespoke garment that will fit just as good as your current RTW stuff without going to top bespoke makers and drop significant dough. If I were you,I would just keep getting RTW which can be altered and if i can get my suits and jackets fit like yours,I wouldn't worry about going custom. There is the option of choosing fabrics and changing certain elements with custom but is it worth to pay the premium which could be three or four times as much as your RTW stuff?

Forex - thanks for the encouraging comments. You are probably right and I don't have regular access to top bespoke etc. so I have just worked on finding RTW that I like. It seems we have very similar tastes.

Ok - i think i hit my post quota for the day.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
^Nice, but I would have gone with some different shoes.

Cheers ndw. I agree. I was going to go with my Magnanni shoes but figured that they would be to warm in colour for the cooler tones of the rest of the fit so I opted for the only black footgear that I had that were dressier. Alas! I still lack a nice pair of place lace-ups
frown.gif

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Diavolo;3979739 said:
- nice fitting suit Mike. a couple tweaks to make it fit a little better
- one of the sleeves seems shorter than the other. also your sleeves could be a touch slimmer, unless they are pretty full as is.
- the lapel rolls are not symmetric ... the one with the button seems to be at a different rolling point
- i've seen better shirt collars on you. this one is lifeless.

And perhaps the first cuff button on the left sleeve needs to be 0000.1 cm closer to the second.
These comments are ridiculous.
Suit looks fine. None of your comments would be relevant with the garment in motion. As is I have no idea what you are talking about.

lol8[1].gif

It seems WAYWRN has become WCWNT (What Can We Nitpick Today). Still, all in good fun...all in good fun.
smile.gif

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics