• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Brown in Town Thursday.

- nice fitting suit Mike. a couple tweaks to make it fit a little better
- one of the sleeves seems shorter than the other. also your sleeves could be a touch slimmer, unless they are pretty full as is.
- the lapel rolls are not symmetric ... the one with the button seems to be at a different rolling point
- i've seen better shirt collars on you. this one is lifeless.

Originally Posted by ndw
Me today...

Just Awesome. Your suits always fit so well. Makes me even forgive the lack of a pocket square.

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
5329871809_448e6692c9_b.jpg

the first pic made the fit look really monochromatic. But with the second picture, the color and pattern matching stands out. very crisp and extra credit for a gorgeous tie dimple.

Originally Posted by binge
Early morning fog.

crack a smile bruthu A!!

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Me today...

NDW - have you considered going with a silhouette that has a bit more of an extended shoulder? Could just be the camera angle but you look a bit 'hippy'.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
- nice fitting suit Mike. a couple tweaks to make it fit a little better
- one of the sleeves seems shorter than the other
- the lapel rolls are not symmetric ... the one with the button seems to be at a different rolling point
- i've seen better shirt collars on you. this one is lifeless.

The sleeves are the same, just one shirt sleeve got hiked up. This seems to be common when using this pose. The lapels are also fine, I just didn't fix them and one went kinda flat.

Not my favorite shirt, but the color was right and it was clean.

The biggest problem with this suit is that the right shoulder has a divot, not the left, just the right. Don't really know why.

Mike

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
. And something about the way the elements of the outfit came together isn't doing it for me.

DSCF6798.jpg

DSCF6802.jpg
[]

Some of my observation:

You have a bigger head relative to your shoulders. By deemphasizing your shoulders (i.e., sticking with non-padded jackets) you are creating a visually "block" look. Also, you appear to have a short neck. This further enhances the rectangular block look. I believe all this is contributing to your looking much shorter than you actually are.

A tie in a non-blue color (such as bright red, bright orange) would cinch the outfit.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
d7aee6d3.jpg

Great shoes, Spoo.

Originally Posted by ndw
Me today...

The top half of this fits so nicely, and looks great. However, these trousers do not suit you my friend. Possibly it is the camera angle, as you have eluded to. If so, try a new tripod and get the camera up higher.

Originally Posted by binge
Early morning fog.
20110106-1.jpg

Like above, I love the top half.

Mike

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
^ I like your coat Bingey, but the chinos have gotta go...

+1 On both counts. Coat is great.

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
5329871809_448e6692c9_b.jpg

^What material is the tie? The close up photo really shows how nice this is.

BrownTown-2.JPG

Like the vibe, but I think you need a nice shirt collar.

Originally Posted by TRINI
NDW - have you considered going with a silhouette that has a bit more of an extended shoulder? Could just be the camera angle but you look a bit 'hippy'.

I think in part it is due (in small part) to the camera angle. I will try to adjust the camera height to verify. However, I have big hips and its hard to conceal. I have tried and still have a few things that I haven't purged with a more structured shoulder but it feels almost caricature like to me when I wear them.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
-
the first pic made the fit look really monochromatic. But with the second picture, the color and pattern matching stands out. very crisp and extra credit for a gorgeous tie dimple.

Thanks, yeah I can't seem to get decent pics at a distance in my office under the fluorescent lights.

Originally Posted by ndw
^What material is the tie? The close up photo really shows how nice this is.

Thanks, it's 100% wool.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
I think in part it is due (in small part) to the camera angle. I will try to adjust the camera height to verify. However, I have big hips and its hard to conceal. I have tried and still have a few things that I haven't purged with a more structured shoulder but it feels almost caricature like to me when I wear them.

Extended shoulders don't necessarily mean more structured. That being said, it's probably hard to achieve via RTW.

ndw

Reaction score
The top half of this fits so nicely, and looks great. However, these trousers do not suit you my friend. Possibly it is the camera angle, as you have eluded to. If so, try a new tripod and get the camera up higher.

Thanks, Mike. I guess what everyone is saying is that these pants make ****** look big
laugh.gif
Not sure i can fix that...

Extended shoulders don't necessarily mean more structured. That being said, it's probably hard to achieve via RTW.

Do you have a photo example of what you are describing? When I think of extended shoulder - I thought you needed more structure (or padding) to account for the extension of the sleevecap - if that makes sense.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by ndw

Trini, I totally agree with NDW on this one. He is who he is. I am bigger too so can relate with the point NDW is making. Sometimes, it is what it is. IMHO, going with an extended shoulder beyond what he has today will rather throw his proportions off.

Both jacket and pants fit pretty well, based on his physical proportions.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Big things Thursday :
A special thank you to Tom at LeatherSoul for hooking up the Gazianos!
d7aee6d3.jpg

Is this the Mitchell? It looks like the DG70 last. MTO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members