• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by streetminimal
Don't they boil to death? Dark colours absorb more heat.
do you plan on standing out in the sun the whole time? dark colors absorb more LIGHT, which leads to more heat it doesn't just suck up the heat from the surrounding

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quick feedback -
yay or nay (keep or return)
bluestripepants.jpg

striped pants like these ... do they tend to look like orphaned suit pants?
or good for matching?
as far as i know, these are NOT orphaned

graywindowpants.jpg

these ARE orphaned suit pants
but i thought the pattern was big enough to just wear on its own ...
(are these called window pane?)
yay or nay?

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
quick feedback -
or good for matching?

yay or nay?

I assume these were both given to you secondhand? NAY to the first. you could do something with the second maybe... but if you want an up or down vote, I'd say NAY

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox
quick feedback -
or good for matching?

yay or nay?

Nay on both. Both the stripes and the smaller monochrome windowpane are classic suiting patterns with no traditional use in odd trousers. Both look very much like orphaned suit trousers.

Avocat

Reaction score
^^^ That Moctoe (Delray) is quite nice, DS. While I myself prefer leather soles, living in Toronto where we enjoy all four seasons proper, there's something to be said about the Sutter with the rubber sole (otherwise, a nice clean plain toe, and thus versatile). As to which one, that depends on what else you have on rotation: a plain toe is a staple in every man's wardrobe, with a moc being a nice addition once you've your basics covered so ... That said, I'd also ask which one of the two just "fits/feels" best to you, which only you can answer for yourself (i.e., you know, that feeling you get when you've a confident step; if the answer to this question is both and you've not another clean oxford, then I'd say go with the Sutter for it's classic look, though both are nice, I agree
smile.gif

whizod

Reaction score
I wanted to ask here before creating a new thread because I know how silly this may be.

But I bought these socks a few years ago at winners and have fallen in love with them, the catch is that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the brand nor is the name labelled on the sock. So I come to you guys the experts in hopes that SOMEONE can identify this brand.

2011-01-04220122.jpg

Larson McCord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whizod
I wanted to ask here before creating a new thread because I know how silly this may be.

But I bought these socks a few years ago at winners and have fallen in love with them, the catch is that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the brand nor is the name labelled on the sock. So I come to you guys the experts in hopes that SOMEONE can identify this brand.

2011-01-04220122.jpg

Joseph Abboud

whizod

Reaction score
Oh man thank you so much!! I guess my follow up question which I never thought i'd get a chance to ask again will be where can I still find these ankle socks? ebay and google are not giving many results
frown.gif

bullrams

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a tailor in downtown / FiDi San Francisco for suit alteration? If one is familiar with Style Forum, all the better!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads