• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

poissa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by streetminimal
Are charcoal suits good for the summer or are they too dark? Same question would also apply to Navy coloured suits, I've always thought that maybe light grey and khaki coloured suits should be the only suit colours in summer.

It is usually too hot in the summer for me to want to absorb additional sunrays. If you want to wear suits in the summer, stick with the lighter colors: khaki, greys, lighter shades of navy. Characoal is too dark imo.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poissa
why would it be worth anyone's time to help a n00b? You've got 4 posts here...

I don't quite understand the need for snark here. At least he didn't start his own thread to ask such a question.

poissa

Reaction score
Derek,

Sorry for being rude. I was out of line and that behavoir is unacceptable. The posters who are here only for profit are actually doing a service for many of us on this site. For that reason, I shouldn't have commented a poster with few posts asking questions concerning whether the flip. Carry on.

To answer your question - posting pictures would facilitate meaningful responses.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is the average pricing for repairing a blown crotch on denim jeans?

ballpark $$$$?

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
It'll depend on how bad the blowout is. Depending on the severity, I would expect to pay up to $50.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
Ok, the word on some of the forum posts is that the Martegani 3b last runs 1/2 size too big; but the SA at Franco's swears otherwise.

What is the straight dope? Anyone in the know?

reddead

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my first real suit as a professional for the past couple of weeks and while recently holiday browsing, I came across this APC 2 piece suit on blackbird. I like the look of APC, but would this suit be appropriate for professional interviews and the like, with such a contemporary cut? http://www.blackbirdballard.com/APC_...avy_18690.html

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reddead
I'm looking to get my first real suit as a professional for the past couple of weeks and while recently holiday browsing, I came across this APC 2 piece suit on blackbird. I like the look of APC, but would this suit be appropriate for professional interviews and the like, with such a contemporary cut?
http://www.blackbirdballard.com/APC_...avy_18690.html

what are you interviewing for?
that suit will not be appropriate for about 99% of the job interviews out there

and it doesn't even look "right" on the model

Saigonesque

Reaction score
My grandfather just recently gave me several of his old suits. Unfortunately, all of them have not been worn in over forty years (and covered in dust) and many have been sitting on wire hangers for almost as long. What's the best way for me to clean these suits without destroying them any further? (In addition, these suits were made in Vietnam, so the material is incredibly thin/ unstructured)

Yika

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rankiz
I really don't know what color I should pick for my V-neck, except blue and red
2e22lb6.jpg

Will be used with jeans-

I like the gray(s), lighter green for a pop of colour or brown.

Yika

Reaction score
Originally Posted by streetminimal
Are charcoal suits good for the summer or are they too dark? Same question would also apply to Navy coloured suits, I've always thought that maybe light grey and khaki coloured suits should be the only suit colours in summer.

In Brisbane, people still wear charcoal/navy in summer.

rev

Reaction score
Hi new to this site. I just bought a pair of CLub monaco slim fit grey chinos. Just wondering what colour and kind of shoes i can match with it? Boots? Looking for a casual look. Thanks.

streetminimal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yika
In Brisbane, people still wear charcoal/navy in summer.

Don't they boil to death? Dark colours absorb more heat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads