• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
a winning ebay bid turned into a disaster, seller refunded me and relisted the item immediately. i was on the cusp of having an incredible digital camera so i could post amazing waywt pics. he then proceeded to leave feedback, and i quote: "beware scammer !! using other people account. thief." finally, of the three available choices on the rating scale, positive, neutral, and negative, he marked positive. so i maintain a 100% positive rating
teacha.gif
but now i am in deficit of one digital camera also, i need wool trousers for colder days as an alternative to wearing thick coated denim. please halp without costing me a million dollars. ideally someone will offer paul harnden at a reasonable price
inlove.gif

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate int'l shipping...

bought a shirt from a store in Australia; 10 days after it shipped out tracking still says "origin post is preparing shipment"
devil.gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite all the manly workwear I wear, someone called me 'metrosexual' the other day ;__;

In other news, a friend of mine here in Utah has a brother in MA who recognized me from here (or sufu) in my friend's photos from our Grand Canyon backpacking trip. He was nice enough to say he recognized me 'from leather stuff I sell online', rather than from 'an online forum about men's clothing'. He preserved both of our manhoods. If you are reading this, well done, sir!

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
on other news... since joining styleforum I have noticed that most perusers of said forum dress better than most women (contrary to popular stereotype). Which leads me to view women in a new light

& tell that someone to look up the definition of metro.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
a winning ebay bid turned into a disaster, seller refunded me and relisted the item immediately. i was on the cusp of having an incredible digital camera so i could post amazing waywt pics. he then proceeded to leave feedback, and i quote: "beware scammer !! using other people account. thief." finally, of the three available choices on the rating scale, positive, neutral, and negative, he marked positive. so i maintain a 100% positive rating
teacha.gif
but now i am in deficit of one digital camera

also, i need wool trousers for colder days as an alternative to wearing thick coated denim. please halp without costing me a million dollars. ideally someone will offer paul harnden at a reasonable price
inlove.gif

Sellers aren't able to leave negatives.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by transient
Being shat out of a bear ******

don't you mean being born out of a ******? you **** out your ass, generally.

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
wtf @ that ebay thing, i don't get why he would do that

...obviously so that he wouldn't have to sell at much below what he wanted to sell.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a new camera. How is the Lumix GF1? I read some posts talking about it here before. Is the video worth it at all?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
I'm thinking of getting a new camera. How is the Lumix GF1? I read some posts talking about it here before. Is the video worth it at all?
i've been reading up on this extensively. you can hack the firmware to allow for longer video recording times in 1080HD as well. with the ->micro 4/3 adaptors you can use a whole host of lenses which is why i wanted it, got a few manual focus olympus lenses from my om1(n) i'd keep using. it can be had on amazon for 450 right now (body only). seems like a beast for its size. but i think it was snake who said the evf was not so great which is somewhat of a let down as i really prefer shooting through vf
sarcasm.gif
here's a review that tells you a whole lot more http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/PanasonicGF1/

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i've been reading up on this extensively. you can hack the firmware to allow for longer video recording times in 1080HD as well. with the ->micro 4/3 adaptors you can use a whole host of lenses which is why i wanted it, got a few manual focus olympus lenses from my om1(n) i'd keep using. it can be had on amazon for 450 right now (body only). seems like a beast for its size. but i think it was snake who said the evf was not so great which is somewhat of a let down as i really prefer shooting through vf
sarcasm.gif

here's a review that tells you a whole lot more
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/PanasonicGF1/

Me too, I have been using film for the past few years and evf is very annoying for me to use. I've gotten especially used to the huge vf on my Minolta...

Thanks!

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
yeah but i don't get that, either. set a reserve or a higher minimum bed. what's the point of listing it low if you're not going to sell it?
31592897.jpg
so any more mikey elf pics? gettin bored over here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads