• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
low start prices attract bids, see it time and time again.

the other day i was watching 2 auctions for some bbbf pants.

1. start and BIN at $100

2. start price at 50.

number 2 rose to $150 by the time it finished.

of course, this backfires too as happened above.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy

so any more mikey elf pics? gettin bored over here

lol. I almost posted a fit pic yesterday but it came out really bad and wasn't worth posting anyway.

If you want some entertainment I could post a fit pic of me in my winter cycling kit.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you have to ask????
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
yeah but i don't get that, either. set a reserve or a higher minimum bed. what's the point of listing it low if you're not going to sell it?
it wasnt even a low final price it was what they all were going for +/- 20. the guy just panicked, refunded me, sent me some mean messages, left a bad comment along with positive feedback and relisted the item for which he blocked my bids and then ended at $0.01 i think i'm better off though, reading some other feedback it seems the camera OS was in chinese, at least for the other ones he sold. i would have no clue how to navigate the menus...

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i've been reading up on this extensively. you can hack the firmware to allow for longer video recording times in 1080HD as well. with the ->micro 4/3 adaptors you can use a whole host of lenses which is why i wanted it, got a few manual focus olympus lenses from my om1(n) i'd keep using. it can be had on amazon for 450 right now (body only). seems like a beast for its size. but i think it was snake who said the evf was not so great which is somewhat of a let down as i really prefer shooting through vf
sarcasm.gif

here's a review that tells you a whole lot more
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/PanasonicGF1/

I haven't handled the evf personally, but everyone seems to agree that it's a let down especially if you're used to dslr vf. I'm almost tempted to get a voigtlander optical vf to use with the pancake lens.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
a winning ebay bid turned into a disaster, seller refunded me and relisted the item immediately. i was on the cusp of having an incredible digital camera so i could post amazing waywt pics. he then proceeded to leave feedback, and i quote: "beware scammer !! using other people account. thief." finally, of the three available choices on the rating scale, positive, neutral, and negative, he marked positive. so i maintain a 100% positive rating
teacha.gif
but now i am in deficit of one digital camera

also, i need wool trousers for colder days as an alternative to wearing thick coated denim. please halp without costing me a million dollars. ideally someone will offer paul harnden at a reasonable price
inlove.gif

That's because sellers can only leave positive feedback

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I could use a garlic salame/sopressata from claros right now softy.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like turtlenecks, I just hate them on myself. My neck is too thick and makes them look funny not to mention causing them to be a little too tight and constricting.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
only if pashmina

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
coming right up, my lord

canstock1741850.jpg

I like your pics.

Originally Posted by Nil
I like turtlenecks, I just hate them on myself. My neck is too thick and makes them look funny not to mention causing them to be a little too tight and constricting.

I been on a turtleneck binge since last fall, copping two more.

anyone for bespoke pajamas

Sea island cotton only, and just the pants and wife beater on top with this over it when I wake up
pg77.10084.001_m.jpg

"generously cut with the right amount of swagger" they say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics