• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
blah blah pseudo-intellectual fluff from dr. clueless

you're right a math degree is worthless unless the goal is some technical field because it does not reflect the possessor's analytical/critical thinking/problem solving skills, and even if it did those aren't of value to anything but math-based disciplines. let's point and laugh at all the idiots struggling with multivariate analysis when in the end they want to go to law school or med school for example hahahahahaha suckers should have done psych instead !111!!!!!!1!

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
linguistics major is the best suck it math nerds

lol i knew a kid who double dipped
redface.gif

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
linguistics major is the best suck it math nerds

Linguistics major would make Language Log even better. Therefore: awesome.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
you're right a math degree is worthless unless the goal is some technical field because it does not reflect the possessor's analytical/critical thinking/problem solving skills, and even if it did those aren't of value to anything but math-based disciplines. let's point and laugh at all the idiots struggling with multivariate analysis when in the end they want to go to law school or med school for example hahahahahaha suckers should have done psych instead !111!!!!!!1!

facepalm.gif
Again, you are equating correlation to causation. Yes, someone with a math major can be very analytical, be great at critical thinking, and possess incredible problem solving skills, BUT THESE ARE ALL TRAITS EXCLUSIVE OF THE MATH DEGREE. Having a math major does not define these traits in a person. A person with a sociology degree can exhibit all these traits without having a math degree. A math major can be a ******* marsupial who somehow got lucky and graduated with the degree and can exhibit none of the traits that you say exist without fail in all math majors. You still fail at proving that a math major is versatile if this is the best you can come up with. Also, just FYI, none of your arguments up to now prove anything about the versatility of the degree itself. Failblog?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
shut up nerds, i get enough talk about school at school
this Thing I hated most were nerds cramming outside the lecture hall before midterms AND after the test was over discussing their answers while I just shook the spot and sparked up a ciggy knowing I aced that ****.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BACK ON TOPIC is it seriously hard to get a graphic design job? i thought that was like, a "good job" or something haha

I use InDesign at work! Convinced my division to buy it after I made a sweet ass pamphlet and later a survey (my coworkers use word, haha), does that make me a graphic designer?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
this thread is random FASHION thoughts u nerds.

5265083597_fc288c62f3_o.jpg

dooooooooope

shut up >: and post measurements so i know which things i can kop and can't in your sales thread

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nahneun
shut up >: and post measurements so i know which things i can kop and can't in your sales thread

it all fits 36-37 and the pants are like a 31-32. have measurements around for everything so just pm me with what youre interested and i can get u measurements.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
it all fits 36-37 and the pants are like a 31-32. have measurements around for everything so just pm me with what youre interested and i can get u measurements.

hollaatchaboyviapm

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
BACK ON TOPIC is it seriously hard to get a graphic design job? i thought that was like, a "good job" or something haha

I use InDesign at work! Convinced my division to buy it after I made a sweet ass pamphlet and later a survey (my coworkers use word, haha), does that make me a graphic designer?

Like a lot of things, it's probably pretty random and contingent.

There are a reasonable number of jobs for people with graphic design experience, but actually getting one of them is probably specific to the job in question. And the selection is highly dependent on location.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seriously winter, wtf? Its been snowing and -5 to -15 celsius here since november, and no sign of change. That means wearing the same ******* boots and coats everyday, which is already starting to annoy me. Im realising more and more that heavy coats and boots are worth spending cash on, since i´ll be wearing them 6 months a year...
frown.gif
And i cant find any insulated boots I like either, meaning freezing feets at bus stops.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you do with a few pairs of last seasons gucci shades when you dont wear them anymore ?

I need some persols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads