Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

2. APK

APK Senior member

99% of the people in sw&d have no idea how to put an outfit together. i think it's because many are young and only have a few nice things but there are also those who have nice pieces strung together in ridiculous and incoherent ways

This is why I haven't rushed in and assembled an entire wardrobe. Funds are a big part of it, but two+ years in and I'm still finding what aesthetic(s) best suits me and makes me feel the best. I've made relatively few purchases compared to the hundreds of hours I've spent on SF. I think all of the lurking, reading, etc. made me bored with the old SF uniform even though I've never owned a pair of APCs, Clarks or AA shirts.

My wardrobe is still minimal, but I think that's a good thing, because the kind of stuff I'm considering buying these days doesn't match up much at all with what I would've bought a year ago. Or even six months ago.

Of course, this will change when it gets hot again and I just wanna wear fruity colors and no socks.

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

that sucks. was it this guy? ^ you should know you can't get sexy lingerie for $0.99 [​IMG]
    Don't quote spam, noob
    99% of the people in sw&d have no idea how to put an outfit together. i think it's because many are young and only have a few nice things but there are also those who have nice pieces strung together in ridiculous and incoherent ways
    It's so much easier when your answer to life's problems is more Dick Ovens

4. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

I SWORE I was going to get a C this semester, what a surprise to open just-released final grades to all A's and B's.

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I SWORE I was going to get a C this semester, what a surprise to open just-released final grades to all A's and B's.

nice! I have covered grades for this semester but I think I got pretty much straight Bs. The only class I think I could/should have done better in was physics. Not studying at all for the exam did me in.

6. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Good work dog, I did well in most of my classes but then I got like a D in Calc III (which was a bad idea to begin with). Haven't managed to do that poorly in a while. Apparently my Calc III class is the toughest one at the university, and Hinterland U has a pretty high-caliber engineering program, so I don't feel too bad about it.

7. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

I get around this by using few colors and being boring. Go me!

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Hey, is it hard in the states to get a job as a graphic design artist?? Specifically with experience in motionography and branded ad campaigns??? What kind of pay does that run for entry-level to two years experience bracket?

Weird question, but my girlfriend is thinking of moving to the US

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I had a lot of friends in graphic design. None of them could get a job in it, they're mostly looking to get out of the US actually.

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

WRONG ANSWER
    then again I have a math major and I'm getting paid by the Japanese government to post here, so anything is possible

11. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I had a lot of friends in graphic design. None of them could get a job in it, they're mostly looking to get out of the US actually.

most of the ones i knew were freelance and after 2008 had a lot of free time on their hands

12. the shah

WRONG ANSWER
    then again I have a math major and I'm getting paid by the Japanese government to post here, so anything is possible

i've always maintained this is the most versatile degree one can get. and yet most avoid it at all costs

13. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

i've always maintained this is the most versatile degree one can get. and yet most avoid it at all costs

Math is actually fun, but everything up through mid-level college math tries to remove all the fun from it. And so, avoided. Who wants to grind through computations?

14. the shah

Math is actually fun, but everything up through mid-level college math tries to remove all the fun from it. And so, avoided. Who wants to grind through computations?

yes, from a young age children are taught that this tiresome and grueling arithmetic = all of mathematics so now Innumeracy is rampant

15. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Math majors are only versatile in conjunction with another math-heavy degree, like economics, physics, etc. Otherwise, they are almost as useless as English majors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.