• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girlfriend's Crazy Ex-Boyfriend - what to do?

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He denied it on the previous page.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
uh oh,if that's the case, he is fucked up,big time. OP, is she pregnant? Tell us the truth.
It probably belongs to her live-in boyfriend. She would say its OP's because he appears to have a brighter future.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This thread is made for Jerry Springer. All we need is for someone to throw a chair at someone else.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
It probably belongs to her live-in boyfriend. She would say its OP's because he appears to have a brighter future.
With her? Doubtful. What kind of woman wants to be with a 19yr old who lives at home and is still in school? What is she doing with herself? Ahhh...this is all so ridiculous. This is like a tale from some trailer park storybook

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhh this thread reminds me of myself.

Here's a pro-tip: you shouldn't have to continually try and justify your girlfriend's actions and behavior. If you find yourself constantly making excuses for her then she's not right for you.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
With her? Doubtful.

What kind of woman wants to be with a 19yr old who lives at home and is still in school? What is she doing with herself?

Ahhh...this is all so ridiculous.

This is like a tale from some trailer park storybook

Read the thread.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP gonna get clapped....over a dumb ho who's using him. Dudes trying to be a white knight and ****.

Incman

Reaction score
Way too much to respond individually.

She's not pregnant, she's not sleeping with her ex (regardless of what the "signs" say through an internet forum, I have a much closer relationship with her and knowledge of what she does than anyone on SF, obviously), and I'm not crazy or trailer-trash.

SF has this misogynistic view of women that they're all lying and cheating hoes, and that may actually be true in a lot of cases. However, this woman is not like that, and that's part of the reason we're so attracted to each other.

Neither of us are ghetto or destined for failure. As mentioned earlier, I'm in university full time, straight A student, working 20 hours a week, TAing for a professor, paying room and board at home, and pushing my life in the right direction. She's starting university in January, working 2 jobs, and has the same general motivation and ambitions that I have in life, so I have no doubt in my mind that she'll succeed.

Regardless of the unfortunate situation that she finds herself in presently, it will end soon. It says nothing about her as a person that she is having financial difficulties, and as such has been forced into the unfortunate situation of still having to live with her ex.

Anyways, after today's episode, she has talked to her mom, and will be getting a key and going to sleep there on the floor as soon as it is possible to move her essential stuff from her apartment. Probably within a couple weeks.

Incman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
I actually cracked up when I read that.
lol8[1].gif
She's living with him but doesn't sleep with him? You're absolutely OUT OF YOUR MIND.

I've known a number of women who broke up with their boyfriends and continued living with them because of financial issues and ALL of them continued sleeping with them even when they were going out with other people. She isn't going to tell you about it but she still loves the guy I'm guessing.

Reading the things you're saying makes me remember a much more ridiculous me. The me that was on the WRONG track. QUICKLY get it out of your mind.

You didn't ask for advice but you're getting it and I suggest you look at the tone of this thread and take it seriously. When you look back years from now and realized you sacrificed some of the best years of your life dealing with someone else's problems it will make you angry.

You say she won't affect your education but you're wrong. How much more time/energy you could give to YOURSELF without all of this? Your job is to focus on you and let her get herself together. If you care about each other that much and it's real love it will be there when both of you are in a position to love.

Love is more than feelings. It's actions that count. Unfortunately you're not capable of acting on love right now.

I'm well aware of that, and our actions towards each other are all based 100% in love and caring for each other.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Incman

Anyways, after today's episode, she has talked to her mom, and will be getting a key and going to sleep there on the floor as soon as it is possible to move her essential stuff from her apartment. Probably within a couple weeks.

Not to pile on, but it takes 8 hours to completely move all the stuff out of a two bed apartment and into another two bedroom apartment. The fact that it's going to take more than 1 day to get her essential stuff out of this place doesn't speak well towards a sense of urgency or motivation.

I now think you're a very witty troll.
worship.gif

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You've opened a can of douchey worms, Incman. I suggest forgetting this thread exists.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads