Girlfriend's Crazy Ex-Boyfriend - what to do?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Incman, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Lane

Lane Senior member

Tell us what happens when you're helping her move, and the live-in boyfriend ends up fighting with you!

gonna get shot, and the knight in shining armor will no longer be.

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

This thread wasn't a question of making up my mind regarding her. That was already done. Re-read the disclaimer at the end of the OP, and you'll see that.

This thread was simply to ask for advice about what to do if the ex comes after me, but SF can be pretty bad at a) reading comprehension or b) answering the question that is asked without imparting their own personal views when they aren't desired.

Well, now you've learned a lesson: when asking for advice on how to get out of or deal with a shitty situation, spare us the gorey details and just come out and ask your question. Otherwise readers will tell you how to get out of the potentially shittier situation to avoid the original shitty situation.

Edit- The esteemed Ambulance Chaser beat me to it.

3. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Relationship Advice Threads on SF: OP: hey guise I use a razor blade to slice apples and i accidentally cut my finger. what kind of bandaid should i use? Response: Maybe you should switch to a kitchen knife? razor blades sound dangerous and inefficient for cutting fruit.... OP: I didnt ask you about cutting fruit asshole! I think I know what I'm doing here. Now give me some bandaid advice or stop shitting up my thread.

4. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

OP: Look bro, you have already had more than a lifetime's worth of drama in your life and you are not 20 yet.... at this age, you shouldn't have to be worrying about complicated shit like this, just about going on dates and having a good time.

What everyone is telling you, with admittedly a healthy dose of SF-typical snark thrown in, is that at this age, you need to give yourself an out. This girl comes with so much baggage that if things go bad, it will pull you down and under with her before you can untangle yourself.

Do what you must, but make sure you don't end up in a situation where you are trapped. At 19, no less.... you have a lifetime ahead of you, and plenty of girls. This may well be the one, but make sure you can escape if she ain't....

5. forex

forex Senior member

Relationship Advice Threads on SF:

OP: hey guise I use a razor blade to slice apples and i accidentally cut my finger. what kind of bandaid should i use?

Response: Maybe you should switch to a kitchen knife? razor blades sound dangerous and inefficient for cutting fruit....

OP: I didnt ask you about cutting fruit asshole! I think I know what I'm doing here. Now give me some bandaid advice or stop shitting up my thread.

LULz to this, made me laugh.
    Has anyone actually thought that the guy is emotional and maybe likes to have drama in his life? I mean you are supposed to be studying and thinking about your career and stuff, if you want girls, sure, you can have fun but why get yourself into this? Maybe it is psychological?

6. vinouspleasure

vinouspleasure Senior member

we had a similar problem in our family. Talk to the police, see if they'll pay him a visit. And here's the best advice for you, if you get into any sort of physical confrontation with him, run away and find the police. It's not macho, it might go against your instincts to fight, but it's the right decision when you're against an opponent of questionable sanity who may be armed.

Having offered that advice, I think your gf has consistently shown poor judgment in many, many ways. I would seriously question if this is the person with whom you want to spend your life.

7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I still have not seen any flicks!!!!! WTF!

8. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

This thread is pure comedy gold

9. Gutman

Gutman Senior member

OP she's still living with the guy! nuff said.

10. word

word Senior member

Rent a uhaul and get her the fuck outta there, damn dude. A few weeks? lol. What is she waiting for? Some crazy angry ex-bf sex?

What is it you actually like about her anyways. She's unemployed and lives with a psycho ex because it's her only option. wat? Surely you can do better. Find somebody who is stable or you'll go nuts.

11. MasterOfReality

MasterOfReality Senior member

^ +1

Her problems are now your problems which ever way you look at it.

Drop it for at least a few months, let her get her shit together re - moving out, getting stabilised etc etc then see how it goes.

12. RSS

RSS Senior member

Who wants to produce this for television?

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

OP she's still living with the guy! nuff said.
    +1000.

14. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

a couple we knew (specifically, my gf was friends with one of them) broke up after a few years of dating but remained living together while in college due to $$. The relationship was rocky for a few months leading up to the split. One started dating another person, but inevitably they would end up banging behind everybody's back despite a clear dividing line in public. After many months they ended up together again and broke off other interests.

As much as I believe that "the one" can be found young (I am an example of that), I agree with the other that this might be a lost cause and that her problems are starting to become all of yours. It sucks, but it is what it is. Move on.