• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Nopike343

Reaction score
Mine were raw and I washed them warm and threw them in the dryer to shrink them a little and all I got was minimal shrinkage.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
eh...****! what to do...

i dont think you can have a partial sanforized denim. that makes no sense. but yes, these are sanforized and they will shrink, albeit it will be very minimal if at all.

I was thinking exactly the same, but Momotaro uses a process that's not exactly the same as sanforizing (e.g. shrinkproof denim) but they will shrink, and more than the 5% than is normal for sanforized jeans.

Partially sanforized is not the good word for it. but the process Momotaro uses is something along the lines of that.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nopike343
Mine were raw and I washed them warm and threw them in the dryer to shrink them a little and all I got was minimal shrinkage.

My 0201's were RAW too, I did a hot soak and lost 2 inch on the inseam and 1 on the waist. So, or the 0705 is different denim, considering the shrinking characteristics, or you had a one wash version?

Nopike343

Reaction score
yeah, this denim is really quite nice. its a nice change from my 19 oz samurai's. ill take some pics here in a second and you guys can let me know. i cant ******* decide.
Yea I really love how dark the denim is. Take your time making a decision you have a least a few days, don't rush it.

Nopike343

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
My 0201's were RAW too, I did a hot soak and lost 2 inch on the inseam and 1 on the waist. So, or the 0705 is different denim, considering the shrinking characteristics, or you had a one wash version?
Mine were raw. I think they are the same 15.75 oz denim. I did not measure but got to say 1 inch in the inseam tops, and they shrunk in the waist but once I put them on the waist went back to original.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So after all, they did shrink... You stated otherwise in your previous post. So if you don't force the denim too stretch, it'll probably stay at shrinked size.

What I'm trying to say. They shrink.

Nopike343

Reaction score
So after all, they did shrink... You stated otherwise in your previous post. So if you don't force the denim too stretch, it'll probably stay at shrinked size.

What I'm trying to say. They shrink.

Yes they shrink but where you put stress (waist, top block and thighs) they will revert to original size.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah, these things fit tighter then my samurai 710s. i can tell these arnt going to give much and i want something a little more comfortable. it ******* SUCKS! i wish they were just a tad larger in the top-block.
DSCN0014.jpg

Nopike343

Reaction score
If they are not comfortable you won't like wearing them. The 34's fit me tight so I went with the 36's and got a nice fit. Only pair I have ever purchased that big. Much rather have a pair a little too loose than a little too tight.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If they are not comfortable you won't like wearing them. The 34's fit me tight so I went with the 36's and got a nice fit. Only pair I have ever purchased that big. Much rather have a pair a little too loose than a little too tight.
i know, but he is out of the size 36 in this cut. i can do the 0201, which would give me a little more comfortable fit. the denim these guys use is simply stunning, im totally in love with this denim.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How about the 705SP they have them in 36?
im thinking about the 0701 in size 34 or 0201. i know i can get the 0701 out to 34.5-35" im thinking. the reg 0705 are great, but i like how he moved the strips to the patch on the big edition. im just out of luck on these this year. im sure he will do something similar next year again. he is always thinking... so you gonna sell me your sc's type IIs or what
smile.gif

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh...****! what to do...

i dont think you can have a partial sanforized denim. that makes no sense. but yes, these are sanforized and they will shrink, albeit it will be very minimal if at all.

I was thinking exactly the same, but Momotaro uses a process that's not exactly the same as sanforizing (e.g. shrinkproof denim) but they will shrink, and more than the 5% than is normal for sanforized jeans.

Partially sanforized is not the good word for it. but the process Momotaro uses is something along the lines of that.

Not exactly sure what the process of partially sanforizing denim is, but I know that Skulls are also considered to have partially sanforized denim as well.

Islander

Reaction score
i know, but he is out of the size 36 in this cut. i can do the 0201, which would give me a little more comfortable fit.

If the 705BIG cut appealed to you I would try the 0701 first. The 0201 is an entirely different cut and is a quite a bit more roomy especially below the knee.

My TTS 0201s fit well but the 0701s in the same size were too tight everywhere and the rise was too low for me. Rather than size up two in the 0701 for a more tapered cut, I'm hoping that a TTS S710XX will be a little slimmer than the 0201 but not as tight up top as the 0701.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads