Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. slappy

slappy Senior member

The color looks nice, in fact the jeans in general look nice. But I just can't get behind the whole 'I made this by hand' thing. Don't get me wrong, I like jeans, and would pay 400 or so dollars for a pair of nice jeans. But I can't see the appeal in handmade, handloomed jeans. A nice handmade jacket or suit looks different, the fact that it's handmade gives it character and is apparent. These jeans look like their other varieties of jeans, of course I haven't seen them in person so I can't say for sure.

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

my replacement 0701s are now on there way! i just thought you all should know [​IMG]

3. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

my replacement 0701s are now on there way! i just thought you all should know [​IMG]

So are my G007's ;-)

4. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

So are my G007's ;-)

fit picks when you get them por favor. thanks.

5. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Sure, will do. Hope to receive them next week.

6. satchelbmoore

satchelbmoore Well-Known Member

xpost from the context thread:
    Has anyone picked up the Context x Momotaro jeans? They look great, just looking to see what anyone who's tried them on/owns them thinks.
    got them two weeks ago. love them great. weight/fit for winter. bought them truish to size. 2 weeks of everyday wear and there's minimal stretching as they said. i'm already seeing some great fading which surprised me. joey's were looking dope when i was at the shop picking up some gitman vintage so i had to snag some myself. i bet they'd sell more pairs if they posted a few pictures of his.... here are two from last week during my trip to greece. they look great with seavees chuckas from context and fred perry shell and filson field bag from www.blkblu.com more picture of the fades soon. so far, i'd definitely recommend these. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. altemp

altemp Senior member

Such a great colour on those. Just got some 0701s and I've never seen darker indigo denim.

8. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Such a great colour on those. Just got some 0701s and I've never seen darker indigo denim.

So true... Sometimes I stare at them, thinking they are black. They are very resistant considering giving off indigo too, though I didn't wash yet. But no sign of real fading going on... Yet.

9. rick

rick Senior member

hey guys sorry to do this i tried to look through the thread, so here is my question.

thinking about buying momotaro grand indigo 0701 from context. need help with sizing. i measured my best fitting jeans waist 39 rise 12 thigh 14 i do not wear jeans often only on the weekends so takes me a long time to break them in. so should i get a size 40 i don't like tight jeans but don't want baggy and as i said if there tight it will take me forever to break them in. thanks for the help.

10. satchelbmoore

satchelbmoore Well-Known Member

rick, it looks like a 40 would be your best bet. my pair are breaking in awesomely even after two weeks (of every day wear, 7ish weekends). they are a slim fit with a lower rise so they will be tightish up top but if they match the measurements of your favorite digs, go for it! great, great, great jeans.

11. rick

rick Senior member

rick, it looks like a 40 would be your best bet. my pair are breaking in awesomely even after two weeks (of every day wear, 7ish weekends). they are a slim fit with a lower rise so they will be tightish up top but if they match the measurements of your favorite digs, go for it! great, great, great jeans.

thanks

12. madmadigan

madmadigan Senior member

hey guys sorry to do this i tried to look through the thread, so here is my question.

thinking about buying momotaro grand indigo 0701 from context. need help with sizing. i measured my best fitting jeans waist 39 rise 12 thigh 14 i do not wear jeans often only on the weekends so takes me a long time to break them in. so should i get a size 40 i don't like tight jeans but don't want baggy and as i said if there tight it will take me forever to break them in. thanks for the help.

Yeah, def get the 40... The 38 will be too small for you.

13. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

I just got the word that my Copper Label G007's have reached Finland. So they should arrive in a couple of days I guess... Can't wait!

14. Islander

Islander Senior member

You should try a size 38 0201 if the Grand Indigos don't work out.

15. rick

rick Senior member

You should try a size 38 0201 if the Grand Indigos don't work out.

thanks i will