• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Condo Thread

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So this has nothing to do with decorating my Condo but these are the problems I'm having right now... 1. My FOB to get in the building doesn't work. 2. My washing machine is broken. 3. The electricity in both my washrooms is out. 4. One of the sinks is faulty and needs to be replaced. 5. My internet jacks don't work. Building management is responsible for fixining ALL of these issues and they aren't returning my phone calls or emails. ******* annoying.
ffffuuuu.gif
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
http://www.moderncollections.com/rob...dern-sofa.html Have you seen this?
Nope. Interesting site. Will do some browsing there. I'm getting anxious to buy a couch.
Originally Posted by Aaron
Pics of the place?
Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe
progress pics please!
Will try and post some today.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
So this has nothing to do with decorating my Condo but these are the problems I'm having right now...

1. My FOB to get in the building doesn't work.
2. My washing machine is broken.
3. The electricity in both my washrooms is out.
4. One of the sinks is faulty and needs to be replaced.
5. My internet jacks don't work.

Building management is responsible for fixining ALL of these issues and they aren't returning my phone calls or emails. ******* annoying.

ffffuuuu.gif

Nope. Interesting site. Will do some browsing there. I'm getting anxious to buy a couch.

Will try and post some today.

Is this a new building?

I'd expect a lot of problems if the place is that much of a **** show from the get go.

melwoesblvd

Reaction score
condos are so poorly built in canada these days. you really need to do your homework on reputable builders before buying anything. guess thats too late in your case but for anyone browsing it should help.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by melwoesblvd
condos are so poorly built in canada these days. you really need to do your homework on reputable builders before buying anything. guess thats too late in your case but for anyone browsing it should help.

+1

I remember when there was that rash of high end condos in Vancouver totally falling apart. It has started happening in Toronto too.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Is this a new building?

I'd expect a lot of problems if the place is that much of a **** show from the get go.

Yah it's a new building. It's supposedly well built - concrete walls etc. but the finishing stuff isn't quite up to snuff. Good news is that the electricity in my washrooms is working. There was a separate fuse in the washroom that I didn't know about and it had tripped. Easy fix.

Originally Posted by Rambo
Swanky looking stuff Stazy. +1 on the pic requests.

I can't find my camera
ffffuuuu.gif

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yah it's a new building. It's supposedly well built - concrete walls etc. but the finishing stuff isn't quite up to snuff. Good news is that the electricity in my washrooms is working. There was a separate fuse in the washroom that I didn't know about and it had tripped. Easy fix.

I can't find my camera
ffffuuuu.gif

ur having a bad week man

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
ur having a bad week man

Haha lots of little annoying things but life is still good.

Picked up a few more little things...So far I've just sort of been planning everything in my head. Hopefully the finished product is as cohesive as it is in my mind's eye. lol

Alarm clock
50083.CA188AC7.jpg

Race car
16662.230A9428.jpg

Black tissue box
51350.28B067FF.jpg

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
lol would love to see pics of this apartment when it's furnished.

Will do. Unfortunately I won't have all my **** until at least January so it will be a while.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Stazy,

I like the couch choice very much.

+100

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay update on things I've bought:

Bed and side tables:

Worth-Bed.jpg

In love with the bed. Its awesome. Kinda regret getting a plain vanilla one a month back now.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
I can imagine banging my shins to hell on that every night.

This. It's what prevented me from getting something like that in the first place.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads