• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing a suit with suspenders to a nightclub

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaymanjones
My whole point is that lately, I've become quite a suit lover and wear them quite often, and the point of this thread was merely finding out what the whole deal is with suspenders/braces is, that's all...I'm not very experienced with extremely elegant attire, cos just as tricky mentioned, I would always go out in jeans and a tee, I'd even go in a tracksuit if I knew the owner well. And I've had enough of that ****, it becomes boring and lame.

I think the suspenders look can definitely work as long as it's subtle. I don't find it feeling very comfortable though. I prefer a belt.

Made in California

Reaction score
I am going to ignore every post in here and say this: at the club what's going to be attractive to the girls there is a look that's trendy and flashy. You'd somehow have to put the braces together with a look that had a lot of youthful energy to it, and they're currently seen as the opposite.

The best way to do this is for you to throw up a fit pic of you looking something like this:

disick-bday.jpg

And we can give our feedback on it.

Disick, in all his self-serving glory, looks the part as someone who would be sitting in VIP at a nightclub.. braces included, though perhaps sans tie.

HPress

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
I am going to ignore every post in here and say this: at the club what's going to be attractive to the girls there is a look that's trendy and flashy. You'd somehow have to put the braces together with a look that had a lot of youthful energy to it, and they're currently seen as the opposite.

The best way to do this is for you to throw up a fit pic of you looking something like this:

disick-bday.jpg

Disick, in all his self-serving glory, looks the part as someone who would be sitting in VIP at a nightclub.. braces included, though perhaps sans tie.

Great find!
worship.gif

EnzyteBob

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

I'd like to know what the rule is for wearing suspenders outside the "office", per se. Is it too formal to wear them to a nightclub?? And what about wearing them without a tie??

In essence, I just don't want to look like an idiot and have my dawgs ask me "Hey! Just come back from the office have you??" and other comments of such nature, mainly on account of me being 21 years old and a student...

So yeah, is it alright to rock the suspenders with an open shirt sans the tie?? Or does one require a tie to look more complete and presentable??

Thanks friends,
Jayman

Get a life.

srendam

Reaction score
I see this thread has gotten out of hand quite quickly..

So here I am thinking I'd get some quality responses from some experienced individuals...Although some of you did give some good advice, so yeah, thanks for that gentlemen....

I think what you're not quite getting is that there's a time for suits and there's a time for just jeans and a shirt. You need to know that a nightclub, even if "VIP", is dirty and a suit and more specifically your suspenders don't belong there. Even tho u sound like a brat no one in this thread is out to get you. Please understand that, otherwise as someone said, you're just going to argue and have a cry.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everytime I am in a club and see a dude with a suit on...somehow, I think douche!! If he had on braces......I would laugh in his face!

Tipres

Reaction score
I see this thread has gotten out of hand quite quickly... I do not go out trying to look "rich"... I don't give a **** what I wear or what other people wear... I have $30K watches, $7000 shoes, $5000 suits and the list goes on. It doesn't interest me at all if any of you believe me or not, that ain't my problem...
I was about to comment on how defensive and insecure it comes off when you immediately say "believe me or not" after making such claims. Then I remembered your first post...
Hello gentlemen, In essence, I just don't want to look like an idiot and have my dawgs ask me "Hey! Just come back from the office have you??" and other comments of such nature, mainly on account of me being 21 years old and a student...
So if you are 21 and apparently rolling in cash, you either have rich parents or are a lottery winner, neither of which qualify as accomplishments to be especially proud of. If either is the case, I don't believe anyone -here- cares, but the points is that you haven't exactly come off as a competent person. Not because you want to wear suspenders to a "fancy night club" or anything, but because most of what you write is either aggravating, contradictory or both. "Gee guys should I wear this?" -> "I don't give a **** what I'm wearing" "Here I am trying to be modest" -> "My watch costs more than yours!!1!" Not to mention the random insults. Whatever, have fun with your night out.

jaymanjones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Annadale
God, you are a bumptious little brat, aren't you?
I saw this coming...
Originally Posted by srendam
Even tho u sound like a brat no one in this thread is out to get you. Please understand that, otherwise as someone said, you're just going to argue and have a cry.
And this...yawn...
Originally Posted by Tipres
I was about to comment on how defensive and insecure it comes off when you immediately say "believe me or not" after making such claims. Then I remembered your first post... So if you are 21 and apparently rolling in cash, you either have rich parents or are a lottery winner, neither of which qualify as accomplishments to be especially proud of. If either is the case, I don't believe anyone -here- cares, but the points is that you haven't exactly come off as a competent person. Not because you want to wear suspenders to a "fancy night club" or anything, but because most of what you write is either aggravating, contradictory or both. "Gee guys should I wear this?" -> "I don't give a **** what I'm wearing" "Here I am trying to be modest" -> "My watch costs more than yours!!1!" Not to mention the random insults. Whatever, have fun with your night out.
And this one...goddamn...where to begin? Im assuming youre an adult so its already borderline pathetic that youre spending your time writing comments like this about a 21 year old kid. Wtf do you care where or how I get my money? What are you trying to prove?? "Omg! A 21 year old living off of his daddy!! Daddy's boy! Daddy's boy! You havent achieved anything!!" Hmmm... Why is it that there are people on here who come and give good advice and share their previous experiences with such attire with intent to be helpful, and cretins like you come along and whine about something thats irrelevant to the thread. Did your posts in any way, shape or form answer the thread's principal question? You think Im here to confront people by saying Im richer than them?? There could be thousands of members on here who are wealthier than me. Hell, you could be richer than I am for all I know...although it sure as **** doesnt seem like it. What I have is what I have, what you have is what you have... Noone cares... Its not a competition, we aint measuring our dick sizes... So instead of coming on here and complaining about how whats in this thread is aggravating, contradictory etc... At least attempt to be helpful or knowledgeable instead of sounding like a jealous child. I wanted to get a 101 on braces and thanks to kind, helpful members, learnt that wearing them essentially depends on me and how I feel. End of story. In the meantime, you should definitely take a look at this:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems plain daft to me: Not the type of clothes that is appropriate to that environment.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been in clubs where I drop some cash for the night...NEVER with a suit on!!! It ain't that type of party!
IF you are going to an event at a club where the dress is specified, then maybe....but on a Mon-Sun night....HELLS NO!!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California

disick-bday.jpg

yeah....but look at the brotha in the background..in the same VIP area...LOUNGING....SD is being filmed for the show!! I would NEVER roll like SD to a spot like this if you can get in and do the same thing as the brotha is doing!! F DAT!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeKirk