• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy
So I just purchased a worn pair of APC New Cures from B&S that have been washed a few times. They measure around a 15.5" in the waist right now, and my waist size is a 17".

Will I be able to stretch these out to a 17" since they've already been worn and washed?

I know this sounds like a pretty dumb question, but this is my first time actually stretching out raw denim myself.
teacha.gif

TIA!

If they've been worn since their last washing, you probably won't be able to get them to stretch much more. If not, I think your chances of getting into them are decent.

Not to split hairs, but if they've been washed a few times, they're not raw denim anymore.

Racing Green

Reaction score

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shckr446
home in the city with nothing to do, check out the last day of the barneys sale or skip it all together

I would check it out, prices should be at an all-time low on the last day. A buddy of mine bought 11 pairs of high-end denim for about $35 a pop during the week it was down here in LA.

BigPoppa

Reaction score
I really like the Black Cherry GTs from Red Wing. I have two leather jackets, one black and one a whole lot lighter than Black Cherry. How much of a problem is it to wear the boots with another shade of leather jacket?

Also, I just bought some tan AEs, and don't really like belts that light in color. Is it better to wear a darker belt or no belt at all?

Thanks

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking online at parajumpers winter jackets, are they as warm as Canada Goose jackets?

Foxtrot56

Reaction score
I tried to wear a cardigan the other day, my shoulders are way too broad and it just looked terrible on me, tried two different brands and different sizes too. Are some people just not shaped right for a cardigan? I am in shape, workout, 5'9 155 but a lot of clothes don't fit. My shoulder are too broad and my waist is too small, am I stuck with hoodies?

Also I have really, really wide feet. They measure at a 9EEE, or 9.5EE new balance and mukluks what are my options?

Oh and one more thing, I tried on a pair of jeans that were slim cut and they fit nice except for one thing...my giant calves sort of got in the way. The jeans got pretty tight around them and would bunch up the jeans a little so I had to pull them down. Do I have to look for a brand that fits or do I just have to wear straight leg?

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UNIQLO SIZING question: Is sizing the same between Uniqlo NY and Uniqlo Japan/Hong Kong? I have a friend in Hong Kong who can pickup some flannel shirts for me, but measurements on Uniqlo.jp show that size L sleeves are only 62cm/24.4" from shoulder seam to end of sleeve, which will be at least an inch too short. Sizing up to XL would help but the torso would be too baggy. Would the NY equivalent have longer sleeves?

Surreal

Reaction score
Bottom of the trouser leg should not meet the top of the shoe when standing, go back to school.
I was told this on another forum...is this true? I thought trousers should be slightly on the shoe if not rolled up. I want to know the truth. Is it a matter of preference?

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surreal
I was told this on another forum...is this true? I thought trousers should be slightly on the shoe if not rolled up. I want to know the truth. Is it a matter of preference?

of course its a matter of preference. personally, with trousers, i like a very slight break on the shoe (meaning the hem touches the shoe). with jeans, i usually like them a bit longer than trousers.

i think it looks silly when your socks are showing when you're not walking or sitting down. looks like you put your pants in the dryer and they shrunk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads