Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. dunks94

dunks94 Well-Known Member

I have a 31 waist size. I want a slim/skinny tapered fit with the APC new standards, size down 3 if i'm correct. what do I get as my TAGGED SIZE?

I've had so much difficulty with this question.

2. Doot

Doot Active Member

Here's some tough brand&model identification for anybody with the knowledge out there: [​IMG] I'm so clueless (although I believe the shoes are classic LL Bean Blucher Mocs).

3. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

4. lawlercon

lawlercon Senior member

crosspost from the manbag thread:

Can anyone identify the briefcases on the right?

[​IMG]

they're part of the redwings jp collection.

5. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

Does anyone have a source for tall sweatpants? 34" inseam is the longest I've found with a 34" waist, but I need a 35" inseam as a minimum to not look ridiculous.

I don't really care that much how I look when I jog, so I'm using 34" inseam pants at the moment, but I'd like to get something that fits better.

6. farraj18

farraj18 Senior member

How much space do you recommend having in the toebox and the heel area of a moc-styled boot?

7. sonnydam

sonnydam New Member

Where can i get Dior Homme Mij 15 or 17 cm brand new not used?

8. hamzilla

hamzilla Member

9. blackwar12

blackwar12 Well-Known Member

Question about J Crew and their sizing. Is it just me, or do they have a "weird" sizing in the sense that the clothes they have are REALLY small on the shoulder. I think their "small" shirts/outerwear is about 15-15.5 inches across the shoulder, or something. Seems like for me to be able to wear their stuff I need to go up to "medium" in order to get a shoulder length of ~17-18 inches, at which point the clothes I'm wearing falls down on me like a waterfall. Can anyone else confirm that their clothing style is really short on the shoulder?

For some reason their website does not list the shoulder length of any of their clothing, only the chest size =/ I fit their small perfectly on the body, except for the fact that the shoulder is way too small.

10. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior member

What's the quality on a place like tandy leather or leather goods connection? If I were to purchase blanks and buckles from them rather than buy from unlucky or something, would I basically be getting a shit belt for which the only redeeming factor is that I "made" it myself, or is the product of a reasonable standard? As it stands, I only own shit belts anyway and probably couldn't tell the difference. Search didn't provide anything definitive, just some "hit or miss" comments.

11. Foxtrot56

Foxtrot56 Senior member

I tried to wear a cardigan the other day, my shoulders are way too broad and it just looked terrible on me, tried two different brands and different sizes too. Are some people just not shaped right for a cardigan? I am in shape, workout, 5'9 155 but a lot of clothes don't fit. My shoulder are too broad and my waist is too small, am I stuck with hoodies?

Also I have really, really wide feet. They measure at a 9EEE, or 9.5EE new balance and mukluks what are my options?

Oh and one more thing, I tried on a pair of jeans that were slim cut and they fit nice except for one thing...my giant calves sort of got in the way. The jeans got pretty tight around them and would bunch up the jeans a little so I had to pull them down. Do I have to look for a brand that fits or do I just have to wear straight leg?

12. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

I need ideas for casual boots, anybody got any?

13. dunks94

dunks94 Well-Known Member

is there a difference between 100% cotton APC's and 98% cotton 2% polyurethane APC's?

14. mrpress

mrpress Active Member

I'm looking for a crewneck gray sweatshirt in medium tall - 15 1/2" x 35ish... anyone know where to look? I've checked all the regular medium tall sources and had no luck. Thanks

Edit: To clarify, I'd like a slimmer fit if possible. I hate huge arm holes on sweatshirts.

15. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

How much time is appropriate to give buyers on B&S before moving on? I've had a couple of deadbeats PM me saying they will buy my stuff, and I reply with my paypal email, and then no response. Meanwhile I am getting more PM's about my items... it doesn't seem nice for a seller to immeadiately move on if they don't get payment within like 5 mins, but saying you will buy something and then dissappearing is a dick move....

I give people 24 hours to either pay me or at least get back to me and tell me exactly when they will paying me.

In the meantime, I inform other interested parties of the situation as well. So far, it has worked without a hitch.