• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
http://hypebeast.com/forum/showthrea...t=79354&page=5

Wings + Horns: Mackintosh Trench. 100% Japanese Cotton. Sturdy, rigid material. Unlined. Slim fit. 3/4 Lenght. Two side pockets. Side vents. Available in Khaki and Black.
$478 + Tax.

Nevermind- that's over a year old... sorry

Good call. The picture in that blog post looks like crap, but I think it was just wrinkled. Looks great here:

wings-horn-mac-coat-selectism-00.jpg

Wish it came in navy or charcoal.

chousley

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy ONLINE the tan v-neck sweater that Lebron James is wearing in this month's GQ Magazine? Thanks.

albertk61

Reaction score
I know, I know, there's the "street wear" guys "over there."

Given the well-deserved derision Biden took for his get up, made me wonder: can a modern gentleman (especially over 40) ever look well-dressed in jeans? Classic Levis? Some higher end artisnal denims? Branded jeans by the usual SF suspects like Zegna? Helmut Lang?

Personally, I have a narrower, darker pair of Paper Denim & Cloth, a faded, destroyed pair by PD&C as well. and a pair of Howe's to wear in NY/Vegas at clubs.

I'd like to acquire more and am thinking every man should have a pair of broken in 501's--yay or nay?

freerudite

Reaction score
Absolute noob here. Apologize for my pretty vague questions. Finding it hard to pinpoint my needs since I never gave fashion any thought.

I am about 5 11 and 165 lbs with athletic body (I work out)...what kind of fitting should I go for while wearing dress pants, jeans etc?

Also recommend me some basic stuff to wear with jeans and chinos?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by albertk61
I know, I know, there's the "street wear" guys "over there." Given the well-deserved derision Biden took for his get up, made me wonder: can a modern gentleman (especially over 40) ever look well-dressed in jeans? Classic Levis? Some higher end artisnal denims? Branded jeans by the usual SF suspects like Zegna? Helmut Lang?
That was my thread. Biden doesn't need skinny girl jeans. (I hate those on everyone) 501s are classic American. Brooks Brothers is even carrying them now. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...ection_Id=1108

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has the Sales forum reached Tom Ford super-saturation yet? It seems like 1/3 the threads on the first page of MC are TF stuff.

Where is this stuff coming from, and is it an indication that the stuff just didn't sell well?

Simplicio

Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like a quick opinion on this shirt. Is it garish in a fun way, or is it just ugly? The stripes are purple, navy, orange, and white. I bought it on impulse because it was deeply discounted, but I've never actually worn it. Could I wear it in some social context, or should it go to goodwill? Thanks in advance.

L1000736.jpg

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like a shirt Johnny Drama would wear:
entourage.jpg
If you're going to wear it, only wear it to a nightclub.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kensington
Any recommendations for Penny loafers? Just a decent pair. Don't want to go high end with Aldens. My only requirement is that they don't have a super slippery sole and one that makes a clacking noise when you walk around.

Bass weejuns should be about what you're looking for. The Jeffrey is on sale for $220 on their website, that's the handmade one made out of nicer leather, usually goes for $300. Leather sole and combo heel, so it'll be somewhat slippery. Or you could just get the Logan (corrected grain flat strap) or the Larson (corrected grain beefroll). Both have leather soles and rubber heels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads