Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. phase

phase Member

Thanks but I dont like the quality but I will use that as my last resort.

2. kenjip

kenjip New Member

Nay, nay and thrice nay!

(This is a joke, right?)

did see it on the club monaco website this summer but I guess they took it down. And on a manikin at the lacoste store. I think the shirt was long sleeve but not sure.

3. onix

onix Senior member

Thanks but I dont like the quality but I will use that as my last resort.

For a very slim person (which you appear to be), it's practically impossible to find good slim fit (I mean mall brands like Express and H&M have them, but the quality is crap anyway, so we will pass them). The best way to get slim fit is either online MTM, or getting a shirt with correct neck and arm length, then having it altered.

4. pkiula

pkiula Senior member

For a very slim person (which you appear to be), it's practically impossible to find good slim fit (I mean mall brands like Express and H&M have them, but the quality is crap anyway, so we will pass them). The best way to get slim fit is either online MTM, or getting a shirt with correct neck and arm length, then having it altered.

I am not sure I agree with this at all. A whole array of brands make fantastic slim fit shirts. TM Lewin, Boss, Massimo Dutti, Raoul if available in your vicinity, Ben Sherman, etc. Check out Gilt.com for several fashion labels that offer slim versions.

One suggestion, I have found that if your regular collar size is, say, 16, and you're egregiously slim on the waist, then you can try a 15.5 and get by just fine. Give that a shot.

5. inq89

inq89 Senior member

Q: Is Seiko 5 a "cheaper" version of Seiko? I understand it is the valued line of automatic watches for Seiko, but how does SF approve of it? Thinking about purchasing one off of Overstock.com

6. onix

onix Senior member

I am not sure I agree with this at all. A whole array of brands make fantastic slim fit shirts. TM Lewin, Boss, Massimo Dutti, Raoul if available in your vicinity, Ben Sherman, etc. Check out Gilt.com for several fashion labels that offer slim versions.
    He said BB was the last resort. Hence, I assume that he needs higher quality. Aforementioned brands are not of higher quality.
    If 15.5 fits, then your collar size is 15.5, not 16.

7. cerebrals

cerebrals New Member

[​IMG] I've been trying to find a topcoat with a red (inner?) collar just as same as Rory Stewart (British MP) is wearing. Does anyone know where can I get one? Thanks in advance.

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Anyone know where I can get a cream toggle sweater similar to this Ploughman's Jacket from Inverallan? (Sadly, Inverallan is no longer in business.) [​IMG]

9. howardu09

howardu09 Senior member

^^Maybe Revolveclothing.com, RalphLauren

10. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

11. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Can anyone recommend me where to get Slim Dress Shirts... Im 5'7 125-130lbs. Brooks Brother slim fit is a joke.

What sizes are you?

Neck,shoulders,waist?

People are giving suggestions but going by weight and height is just shooting blind. I seriously doubt you're a 16 or even 15.5 neck.

12. shckr446

shckr446 Member

home in the city today and have never been to the barneys sale worth it to check out since i got nothing better to do or just skip it

13. KendallAndKendall

KendallAndKendall Senior member

[​IMG] Stumbled upon this pair of womans Ralph Lauren spectators for my girlfriend. They were $22. The label is purple, but as you can see the lettering is not in cursive. Are these genuine Purple Label shoes?

14. Antonio Arsis

Antonio Arsis New Member

Figured it might be time for this... Perhaps a pin? Just to cut down on all the clutter and new members jumping in for one question
    Mods - edit/delete as you wish, just trying to help. This seems quite useful in SW&D

My Quick Questions:
    What does the term "drop" mean?
    Are there rules for matching socks? do they go with shoe color, pants color, etc?

Depends, on the style of look you are going for. Try to match your socks with the most colors that you have on your shirt (if you going with a casual look). If business attire you can never go wrong with black(corporate colors worn are usually dark in colors so black would blend in nicely). Your socks should be fairly thin (often ribbed) should be cotton or wool ( natural fibers breathe and absorb moisture better.
    http://realtalkformen.blogspot.com/

15. Korki Bucheck

Korki Bucheck Well-Known Member

Just go with black is almost never the right answer. For a start, try matching your pants (and not your shoes). When you want to venture out, try something that complements the color of your pants or picks up something in your shirt or tie.

The only time black is correct is if you're wearing black pants or a black suit. And you probably shouldn't be wearing a black suit. . . .