• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

colombiche1

Reaction score
I saw these on a website and love them:

2z53fw2.jpg

2w1ujra.jpg

I was told by friends that they are Clark Desert Boots, but, they look slightly different. If anyone can find me this exact shoe, I would be eternally grateful! Lol. I'm dying to get these.

RPMcMurphy

Reaction score
Any idea how to get red wine out of a pair of sand dessert boots?

They were 'heavily' broken in already, so I don't care much about the suede other than just making it all kinda sorta one color.

happened a week ago. Took me a while to break them in so that they were actually comfortable for me, I'd hate to have to break in a new pair...

dijon

Reaction score
terrible experience with Clarks DBs, anyone hear me out and possibly give advice

bought Clarks DBs in Beeswax Leather, it was the newer made in Vietnam ones, I sized down a full size.

I wore it for an afternoon out, took them off and was greeted by crew socks that looked like they've been smeared by crap. I'm not even joking they look like I waded through dried mud. I asked Clarks customer service about this and basically sidestepped my inquiry and gave me a copy and pasted paragraph on leather care using mink oils and such.

So I said to myself, maybe this is just a break-in thing, and wore it out again, and AGAIN it stained my socks (only socks I have that reach the ankle are white which is good in this case since I can gauge the amount of stains I'm getting) and they were pretty damn painful if you wear them for 3+ hours. I'm pretty sure it's the right size, pretty snug all around, some toe room, and only a tad bit loose at the heel. I don't know but my heels feel raw after a few hours, I actually stopped and had to sit for a while just to recover from the ache.

Am I missing something here? I know it does look good (gotten a few compliments) but after those gripes I'm seriously considering throwing them away at eBay.

paulvarjak

Reaction score
I've got the beeswax DBs too, those stains are from the leather. No way around that. But the stains come out in the wash every time. The staining might eventually stop, I haven't had mine long enough to see, but it's a really minor issue. As far as the comfort, you've gotta break them in and they'll eventually feel great like any leather shoe.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the same with my new Beeswax DBs as well. The length is perfect but they are almost painfully tight around the bridge of my foot. This is normal yes? They will stretch out in time?

Reaction score
Would a 7.5 US Clarks desert boot be the right size for a someone that normally wears a size 41 EU? Or should you go down another half size to a US size 7?

Thanks in advance.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RPMcMurphy
Any idea how to get red wine out of a pair of sand dessert boots?

They were 'heavily' broken in already, so I don't care much about the suede other than just making it all kinda sorta one color.

happened a week ago. Took me a while to break them in so that they were actually comfortable for me, I'd hate to have to break in a new pair...

buy new ones

or, spill red wine all over both of them and make red sand

or, just live with it

they are disposable shoes

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the more beat up DB's look the better. Especially the sand. I'll have to post some of mine which are 3 years and going strong.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
Hey I have finally found my way home (this thread) haha

So I live in Vancouver, BC and as you know it rains here quite a lot...

I'm just wondering if the Clarks company release the desert boot in black leather year-to-year?

I've searched everywhere...one site was fully stocked, except for my size of course (10.5).

Now I find out, after reading up on the thread, that the traction sucks on these in the rain, which would include the leather version, so now... I'm leaning back towards just buying the original black suedes + stick to wearing them only at formal gatherings + when it's dry.

Ebay has them for just under $100 shipped to Canada. I'm sure if I got off ****** i could find them for cheaper somewhere locally?

And lastly, let's say you're only out in the rain for a minute, running to your car..

do they get so slippery, that it wouldn't be wise to drive in them after? lol

Thanks in advance.

colombiche1

Reaction score
Guys, can anyone tell me what exact model of DB's post 3378 are? I am new to DB's and want that exact pair, and I wanna make sure I get em.

paulvarjak

Reaction score
I think they're just the standard tan suede DBs but to get them to look like that you'll have to lace them really loosely or not knot them at all because you're showing a lot more of the tongue than normal. I don't know how they'd even stay on your feet laced loosely enough for that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads