Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. paulvarjak

paulvarjak Member

I think they're just the standard tan suede DBs but to get them to look like that you'll have to lace them really loosely or not knot them at all because you're showing a lot more of the tongue than normal. I don't know how they'd even stay on your feet laced loosely enough for that.

2. paulvarjak

paulvarjak Member

Guys, can anyone tell me what exact model of DB's post 3378 are? I am new to DB's and want that exact pair, and I wanna make sure I get em.
    think they're just the standard tan suede DBs (Oakwood, specifically, I think) but to get them to look like that you'll have to lace them really loosely or not knot them at all because you're showing a lot more of the tongue than normal. I don't know how they'd even stay on your feet laced loosely enough for that.

3. RPMcMurphy

RPMcMurphy Well-Known Member

buy new ones

or, spill red wine all over both of them and make red sand

or, just live with it

they are disposable shoes

I figured I'd give it a shot and used some of my wife's stain stick shout thing, some detergent, and a splash of bleach....and threw them in the warm wash.

They are now drying on the window sill with newspaper stuffed in 'em, and surprisingly, so far, they look, kinda brand new!

Suede in a washing machine? with bleach? yep.

4. dijon

dijon Well-Known Member

there such a thing as a sleeker version on clarks dbs?

5. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

I jumped the gun and order 2 CDBs without checking my chucks, now there are too half-size-big CDBs are heading my way. Dang...

My chucks are 7.5US, and I ordered 8US CDBs, are they unwearable big?

6. el es dee

el es dee Senior member

anyone have any suggestions for a belt that would go well with these? [​IMG]

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    6 months

8. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

I'm thinking of buying the matte black clarks from DavidZ.

Not sure what size to get because some people have stated to go down a full size, while others say go down a 1/2 size. I've even been told to go true to size if I plan on wearing normal tubes socks with them lol

I'm a true 10.5...will an even 10 be god then?

9. click here

click here Senior member

I would suggest size down 1/2 a size, so yeah get a size 10

10. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

^thanks...these matte's are obviously nicer, but the original all blacks are in the back of my head because I want to try wear them with a toj double rider[​IMG]
    or maybe those new high top sebago's with white soles on davidz? i still feel uncertain about both of them to be honest. The all black clarks looked good with the double rider that didn't have any buttons and had hidden snaps....mine does not.

11. wcarson89

wcarson89 Senior member

Ordered the Matte Black DBs off of David Z as soon as I saw them. They fit the same as all the other Clarks i've tried on. I ordered a 9.5 and I am usually a size 10 (10.5 in sperry). Hope the sizing helps. Took some pics with the Iphone. I really love the fact that they have the natural sole. The all blacks I've tried on were just...too black.

[​IMG]

on break at work..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

I'm thinking of buying the matte black clarks from DavidZ. Not sure what size to get because some people have stated to go down a full size, while others say go down a 1/2 size. I've even been told to go true to size if I plan on wearing normal tubes socks with them lol I'm a true 10.5...will an even 10 be god then?
    when u ask for sizing advice on footwear keep in mind that everyone doesnt have the same foot width..which impacts the sizing u should go and try on an actual pair of clarks for yourself..they sell clarks at a ton of retailers worst case scenario order a pair of random clarks dbs from zappos..get em in 2 days, figure out your size, then return em for free and now u know your proper clarks db size

13. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

I just got my Matte Black ones in the mail. I sized down half a size and they fit perfectly. Glad I didn't size down a full size.

14. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Hi everyone, I just bought a pair of oakwood DB today. I was so unsure between oakwood and taupe suede and still am! In my opinion they both looked good with jeans. However I have these chinos in this color from Banana Republic...can you guys tell me would oakwood look ok with them? Looks like in the picture the model is wearing more of a taupe suede color though. http://bananarepublic.gap.com/Asset_...19531odv01.jpg Taupe or oakwood??? Which is more versatile with jeans and those color khakis? Can oakwood go with black jeans? Taupe: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/Asset_...3-02p01v01.jpg Oakwood: http://assets.clarksmcr.com/products...338824_A_p.jpg I still havent worn 'em so give me your honest opinions please.

15. Abstraktmind

Abstraktmind Senior member

I mean, wear a pair of thick wool socks and you'll be fine. Where the hell are you that your Fall (Sept-Dec) is frigid? Are your toes that delicate?

I live in Wisconsin man. I'm looking for fall boots.