Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

I figured I'd give it a shot and used some of my wife's stain stick shout thing, some detergent, and a splash of bleach....and threw them in the warm wash.

They are now drying on the window sill with newspaper stuffed in 'em, and surprisingly, so far, they look, kinda brand new!

Suede in a washing machine? with bleach? yep.

Good story. My sand suedes get somewhat nasty, viewed up close, before I lose interest and trade them in for another pair. I've considered running them through the dishwasher but never thought of putting them in the washing machine. Good to hear it worked out.

2. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Guys taupe suede or oakwood suede? Which is more versatile with different jeans and off-white khakis?

3. Clemson

Clemson Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] 6 months
    Which ones are these?

4. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I've been trying to find these Burgundy DBs, but I can't find them anywhere online/in stores. Any help?

[​IMG]

PS - How do they fit? I wear size 8 in the Sand Suede DBs.

5. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

people have been saying theyre at nordstrom racks lately

also try ebay

6. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

7. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

I have the opportunity to buy a pair of Clarks for $45, is this a no-brainer? I'm really interested in them and I have a friend with a discount...

8. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

How are people getting them for so cheap. I had to pay $140. I live in Canada...any places for cheaper? Also are there any Banana Republic stores that carry Clarks in the Toronto area. I have a 40% BR coupon.

9. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

you'll see clarks on sale every so often...sometimes heavily discounted at some retailers

footlooker had sand suedes for 39.99 before

just pay attn to the thread

10. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

How are people getting them for so cheap. I had to pay $140. I live in Canada...any places for cheaper? Also are there any Banana Republic stores that carry Clarks in the Toronto area. I have a 40% BR coupon.

Call around. I was told that they do carry them in a few Toronto stores. Try the Eaton centre if there's a store there.

11. stimulacra

stimulacra Senior member

Picked up a pair of suede ones yesterday with the 40% off BR coupon. Came out to $61 USD. I went a 1/2 size down from my normal size. Great price for them since in Houston the Clarks store seldom discounts the DB's or Treks.

12. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

My girlfriend works for BR so she's buying me a pair for 50% off. It sucks that BR gets hated on a lot around here since I could get a lot of their stuff really cheap [​IMG]

13. Radagast

Radagast Senior member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

14. wcarson89

wcarson89 Senior member

My girlfriend works for BR so she's buying me a pair for 50% off. It sucks that BR gets hated on a lot around here since I could get a lot of their stuff really cheap [​IMG]

Don't worry about what other people on here think. BR has a lot of pieces that would be great buys with 50% off if you buy the proper size. I generally have to size down with most of their tops. Just go in and try some stuff on with an open mind and maybe you'll find a few things you like.

15. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Picked up a pair of suede ones yesterday with the 40% off BR coupon. Came out to $61 USD. I went a 1/2 size down from my normal size. Great price for them since in Houston the Clarks store seldom discounts the DB's or Treks.

Where does one get one of these 40% off coupons? I've never seen one.