• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
tumblr_l71vhitUBf1qzdll0o1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by edmorel
No.

If by "No" you mean "Yes" then I totally agree. I love the snug fit of the jacket. IMO, Bass's character is the icon of modern fashion.

Made in California

Reaction score
ed seems like a cool guy, I assume it's probably a typo.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow - you guys are so predictable.

yes - the boutonniere is OD .... but the pink shirt contrasts the blue suit nicely ... and the solid navy tie is exactly what the pink shirt and blue suit needs without going over board. the white pocket square is also very complementary of the entire outfit. his fit is pretty good too.

I really dont understand the hate for EBDRM '09 .... on SF ... smacks of insecurity.

if Vox or Parker had worn this everyone would have been fawning!!

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
DSC_0061.jpg

I like this. Sure, the boutonniere is over the top, but minus that, I'd wear it. With the same fit.

EZ

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Looks like an 80s record cover. I like it as an aesthetic choice, but not as something to wear.

Very late Depeche mode...
laugh.gif

I like it too but it's not for me...

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
wow - you guys are so predictable.

yes - the boutonniere is OD .... but the pink shirt contrasts the blue suit nicely ... and the solid navy tie is exactly what the pink shirt and blue suit needs without going over board. the white pocket square is also very complementary of the entire outfit. his fit is pretty good too.

I really dont understand the hate for EBDRM '09 .... on SF ... smacks of insecurity.

if Vox or Parker had worn this everyone would have been fawning!!

+1. I can see why people say he looks douchey, but we don't know him, and he can be a perfectly cool guy to have a beer with and have interesting things to say despite his young age.

I think people hate because there is no way they could pull off that look. Is it appropriate for business wear? No. But it is a good example of a guy with actual style. What makes it even more awesome is that he is NOT SF approved. I am now backlashing on "SF approved," officially.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
+1. I can see why people say he looks douchey, but we don't know him, and he can be a perfectly cool guy to have a beer with and have interesting things to say despite his young age.

I think people hate because there is no way they could pull off that look. Is it appropriate for business wear? No. But it is a good example of a guy with actual style. What makes it even more awesome is that he is NOT SF approved. I am now backlashing on "SF approved," officially.

Some people struggle to see some SF unapproved combos do look great on certain guys.

Some people are unable to appreciate the fact "other look" can be interesting..

Vive la difference...Life will be boring if we were all wearing the same things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads