• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

BlueWord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roygbivuxg
^this is truth. For the 29.5 dude considering the 25, don't do it bro, your nuts wont forgive you. Don't go lower than 27. (I'm your size and 26 is quite uncomfortable).

This is a helpful post. I've been considering picking up a pair of PS, but was unsure whether to opt for 26 or 27 waist (6'1, 29 inch waist). A 27 in NS fits a little baggy on me, but is very comfortable, despite the waist stretching to a 31 or so. I thought I might want to size down one more for PS, despite them being a slimmer cut.

Do you have an pics, by chance?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling I'm gonna lose a lot of key indigo on my next wash... just gotta hold out a little longer

cgurr

Reaction score
Im about 6'4 205...would I be able to wear the APC NS? The best fitting pair of jeans I have are diesel vikers. The only thing I don't like about them is the bottom is too wide. Since the NS have a slight taper I figured they would be a good fit. Or maybe the rescues?

a bag of it

Reaction score
I don't know if this counts as an APC question, but can someone recommend some jeans with a similar cut to A.P.C. New Cures but with a higher quality denim? Right now I'm thinking:

Flat Head - SE05BSP

or

Iron Heart - 301s

or.....

Which would you choose between those two, or is there something else I should be looking at? Also, I am a 32 waist, so I sized down 2 (30) on my new cures. They were tight at first but have stretched out perfectly. To achieve this same fit on the iron hearts or flat heads, would I want to size down 1 or 2 or not at all?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Posted this once and didn't get any replies:

Does anyone own any APC PS cords?, and if so, how do they fit?

I wear a 28 PS Raw indigo sized down for my 30 true waist...I also have a pair of their linen/cotton PS marine stripe pants in size 29.

Wondering how cords would fit.

Thanks

Bostonian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cgurr
Im about 6'4 205...would I be able to wear the APC NS? The best fitting pair of jeans I have are diesel vikers. The only thing I don't like about them is the bottom is too wide. Since the NS have a slight taper I figured they would be a good fit. Or maybe the rescues?
The biggest challenge for you would likely be the rise.... I'm 6 feet even and the rise is barely long enough for me. You'd likely find the Rescues to be too wide at the cuff also... though I admittedly don't know anything about the diesels that you're coming from.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
So theyre the same, just with a poly mix and MIJ..?

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "they're the same"...

They are different because they have a poly mix, which makes them much lighter and different to fade. They are not going to crease as much and i'm not sure you would follow the same sizing as normal APC's.

They are also more expensive because of this blend and manufacturing.

They are meant to be different, that is why they are called "Leger," they are a different jean than normal raw indigo's.

Not a bad thing, but they are going to be different, purposefully.

If you are inexperienced with APC and looking for the same experience as most of this thread is talking about it will be different with Leger's. Not sure how, but it will be.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "they're the same"...

They are different because they have a poly mix, which makes them much lighter and different to fade. They are not going to crease as much and i'm not sure you would follow the same sizing as normal APC's.

They are also more expensive because of this blend and manufacturing.

They are meant to be different, that is why they are called "Leger," they are a different jean than normal raw indigo's.

Not a bad thing, but they are going to be different, purposefully.

If you are inexperienced with APC and looking for the same experience as most of this thread is talking about it will be different with Leger's. Not sure how, but it will be.

your previous answer pretty much didn't tell me anything that i didn't know, so i was asking you to go into more detail if you knew anything. they are definitely lighter weight--i suspect they would keep their color much better than regular apcs (a good thing, imho)

just for anyone who was wondering (if you happen upon them--i found them at a discount at barneys) they run slightly slimmer than normal i believe, and have a kind of a stretch quality. i took my reg size in ns and theyre quite slim. selvage, and as mentioned, mij.

ThisFlyGuy

Reaction score
PC newbie here, but is there a model where it fits like a relaxed/loose fit?
What would be considered the "loose fit" of the APC line?
Thanks
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads