A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Nil

Nil Senior member

I don't understand questions like that. If you can't button your pants up, they don't fit. Period. No discussion.

2. jjj8989

jjj8989 Well-Known Member

I don't understand questions like that. If you can't button your pants up, they don't fit. Period. No discussion.

i read through about 50% of this thread and found there were different opinions for APC PS:
    1) get tightest you can button up in store
    2) get jeans you can button up 2-3 buttons in store (finaly button will do up after a day or so wear)
    3) people that say top button should go up without much hassle

i'd usually agree with you that if you cant button em up they dont fit, but if these jeans really stretch as much as some claim...one school of thought would be get em so 2 buttons dont do up, within a week of wear they'll comfortably do up and maybe i can avoid having diaper as*..

anyways pros/cons to 1,2 or 3 i'm sure...

3. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

fabric stretch by %, more fabric, more stretchness, that's what I think.

So I wouldn't size down as much with PS compare to NS, I sized down 3 from my true waist when buying a pair of NS and it turned out to be ok, still tight at hips when I sit down but fit everywhere else, but it's only 2 weeks old. But I still don't like how it fit right now after a few months, it need to stretch more or it won't fit, in my book.

So I would measure my true waist and size down 2, maximum, if I were you, for the PS.

PS: I could button up all the ways without too much hassle, tight but doable, when new.

4. jjj8989

jjj8989 Well-Known Member

fabric stretch by %, more fabric, more stretchness, that's what I think.

So I wouldn't size down as much with PS compare to NS, I sized down 3 from my true waist when buying a pair of NS and it turned out to be ok, still tight at hips when I sit down but fit everywhere else, but it's only 2 weeks old. But I still don't like how it fit right now after a few months, it need to stretch more or it won't fit, in my book.

So I would measure my true waist and size down 2, maximum, if I were you, for the PS.

PS: I could button up all the ways without too much hassle, tight but doable, when new.

from what i've read in this forum, your jeans will keep stretching..i did'nt read any stories about peopel being dissatisfied with stretching, in fact one common theme for i discovered is that lots of members would consider sizing down for their next pair due to stretch..
    time will tell.

5. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

I sized down 3 and it's the smallest size APC offer, so no, I would never want to size down more (read: I could never, lol)

6. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Also, once you size down 3 times and that might get it JUST stretched enough to fit, you're going to have to wash them somehow at somepoint, at which they'd shrink down a bit again.

I sized down one on the PS and they're fine for me

7. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

If my true waist is a 29.5 (wear a size 28 in Nudie Slim Jims), would a size 25 Petite standard be ok? I read the guide and it says APCs are vanity sized, so automatically I should wear a size ~27, then size down 2-3, which is 25, the lowest you can go, and itll stretch into a 29-30. That sounds extremely small to me...Is this right?

Thanks!

8. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

the 25 would probably be absurdly tight. No question...

9. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

I see, thats what I was thinking too. But according to the guide above and all that I've read in this thread: I am size ~29.25~29.5 APC= Vanity size so size 29=size 27 Size down 2 because the jeans will stretch out in a month or so. So thats size 25... http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665 vs http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=282 APC: Tagged Size \tMeasured Size Waist \tRise \tThigh \tKnee \tLeg Opening 25 27 8.25 10\t 6.75\t 6.25 26 28 8.25\t 10\t 7\t 6.5 Nudie: Waist \tRise \tThigh \tKnee \tLeg Opening 28\t28\t8.5\t8.75\t7.5\t7.75 29\t29\t8.75\t9\t7.5\t7.75 Also which are "skinnier" The Petit or the New Cures? They look the same on the website...

10. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

For people who are considering sizing down 3, my experience in a nutshell (this unintentionally also serves as an appropriate name for jeans this tight):

My actual waist is 32. I like my jeans to sit around my hip at around 33. My normal jean size is 31(most of my 20 or so pairs are this size). I bought APC PS in 28. It is absurdly tight, I will probably never be able them in the daylight. I love skinny fits and have fairly skinny legs (I'm 6'1'', 145lbs). I recommend sizing down 2 (so 3 from your actual waist size) if you want a tight fit. Now my contribution to the APC sizing saga/ballad/opera is complete. the end [​IMG]

11. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

For people who are considering sizing down 3, my experience in a nutshell (this unintentionally also serves as an appropriate name for jeans this tight):

My actual waist is 32. I like my jeans to sit around my hip at around 33. My normal jean size is 31(most of my 20 or so pairs are this size). I bought APC PS in 28. It is absurdly tight, I will probably never be able them in the daylight. I love skinny fits and have fairly skinny legs (I'm 6'1'', 145lbs). I recommend sizing down 2 (so 3 from your actual waist size) if you want a tight fit. Now my contribution to the APC sizing saga/ballad/opera is complete. the end [​IMG]

^this is truth. For the 29.5 dude considering the 25, don't do it bro, your nuts wont forgive you. Don't go lower than 27. (I'm your size and 26 is quite uncomfortable).

12. niix

niix Senior member

Anyone know of any sites for August with coupons for APCs NS? I'm looking for a 30.

13. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

I bought two of my APC NS (different size just to be safe) from Ebay for $100 each, I think that's reasonable. I don't know if APC coupon exist, been searched for one but couldn't find any.

Also, how long do you think my NS need to fully stretched? It's 2 weeks now and it's still uncomfortable tight at my hips and knees when I squat, or sit on my motorcycle. Standing, walking or sitting on a chair I have no problem.

14. max_r

max_r Senior member

Anyone know of any sites for August with coupons for APCs NS? I'm looking for a 30.

apc forbids discounts on their jeans, so the only way you'll get them on sale is if you find a store that forgets to exclude APC from some other sale their having. doesn't really happen often though.

Also, how long do you think my NS need to fully stretched? It's 2 weeks now and it's still uncomfortable tight at my hips and knees when I squat, or sit on my motorcycle. Standing, walking or sitting on a chair I have no problem.

for me, took like one to two weeks of daily wear for the waist to stretch the majority (went maybe a few millimeters more over the next month) and about a month for the legs/hips to be fully stretched out.

15. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

cool, I'm hoping to get some sick crotch and inner thighs fadeness by riding my babe hard, but it's not safe riding hard with my legs feeling cramped. any of you here riding motorcyle on daily basis?