• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Conundrum
That is the Size 28 with the 30 inch waist, i presume..?

I meant tagged size = 30 although on second thought 29 would be better. I would imagine a tagged size 28 in your case would be pretty uncomfortable. You can always wear a belt to prevent excessive stretching but if the jeans are too small to even fit into initially you're pretty much screwed. Hope this helps

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roygbivuxg
I meant tagged size = 30 although on second thought 29 would be better. I would imagine a tagged size 28 in your case would be pretty uncomfortable. You can always wear a belt to prevent excessive stretching but if the jeans are too small to even fit into initially you're pretty much screwed. Hope this helps

i dont know about that, plenty of people here buy apc's that they can't button all the way up at first, and they end up fitting great.

the initial stretch doesn't take long at all, mine stretched 1/2" in the first hour of wear, and 2" total in the first week.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
I'm wondering if stretching 2-3 sizes only happens for the larger sizes. As I said, my ns 26 only measure 29 now and still feel tight as **** sometimes. When I bought them I could already do up all the buttons albeit uncomfortably...

don't hold me accountable for any problems guys. I'm only trying to help based on what I know
smile.gif

Conundrum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
i dont know about that, plenty of people here buy apc's that they can't button all the way up at first, and they end up fitting great. the initial stretch doesn't take long at all, mine stretched 1/2" in the first hour of wear, and 2" total in the first week.
And your 28 now measures what at the waist? edit: 4 inch stretch, djeess, well I guess 28 will do by my standards. I will be wearing them with a belt so the stretch will be stopped at about 32 33. I've ordered a friend to buy one for me in Amsterdam and mail it to me. Expect to have it by the end of the week
biggrin.gif
I don't mind the different opinions! discussion is always a good thing

sharks9022

Reaction score
This is the very first post in the thread...

Please post all A.P.C. sizing questions in this thread. Mauro, I think you owe me a pair (I'll take some 31's, thanks) just for saving you a massive headache.

First of all, the tighter the jeans, the more "whiskering" they will develop. This goes for *all* jeans. They will also be more likely to blow out at the crotch. However, A.P.C. jeans, although a relatively lightweight 12 ounces, are woven tight and wear like steel.

In my experience, if you want A.P.C. New Standards to fit "baggy", buy your true waist size. They will be slightly loose at the midhip (wear they are supposed to sit), and will stretch out about 2 inches in about 2 weeks to a waist size pretty much unwearable without a belt. The jeans will still have a "skinny" silhouette, (after all, they do taper down) but will be loose through the butt and thighs. I personally like this look, but am in the minority.

I you want a loose, but not baggy fit, size 1 size down from your true waist. This is different from your normal size in jeans, which are usually vanity sized...

For the traditional 501 skinny fit, size down 2 sizes.

For a tight fit, size 3 down. I do not recommend this, unless you want to decrease your sperm count.

A.P.C. Rescues are sized even larger in the waist, and have a more relaxed fit through the butt and thighs. Size down one more than above for the same fits.

I would not recommend the "Hipster" unless you like having uncomfortable nuts. I do not.
This generally holds true for about every case I've ever seen.

Conundrum

Reaction score
Friend bought them today, but reacted a bit startled when i said; mail them. Now i have to wait 'till our busy schedules meet.

I've created a monster
ffffuuuu.gif

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i live in Tampa and i can confirm that there isnt anywhere that sells em

i recommend buying from Tobi.com

because they offer free (slow) shipping but give u easy returns
they include a return slip that only takes off like 5.00 of your refund

which is worth the risk....most sites only offer exchanges and u have to pay for return shipping which can def be more than 5.00

niix

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
i live in Tampa and i can confirm that there isnt anywhere that sells em

i recommend buying from Tobi.com

because they offer free (slow) shipping but give u easy returns
they include a return slip that only takes off like 5.00 of your refund

which is worth the risk....most sites only offer exchanges and u have to pay for return shipping which can def be more than 5.00

Thank you for your infinite wisdom, Snuff Daddy.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ should be the same price. Sales vary though. Sometimes the APC website sells out first, sometimes not. In any case, there seems to be a consensus opinion that the APC webshop is horrible. Both times I've placed orders (and recieved order #'s, completion screens, etc.) I have later discovered that they didn't charge my card nor even bother to tell me they had canceled my order.

Mr_Mike

Reaction score
Any tips on how to stretch the part of the Jean from the knee down to the leg opening?? At the moment it just looks too skinny and need it stretching out.

Thanks

jjj8989

Reaction score
sorry to add to this very long thread..but i suppose thats the threads purpose.

i usually buy dior 19's in a 30 and went to apc , love the APC PS..

question is, which size is best for APC PS (tried on in london store)
1) 29- struggled for a minute and was sweating, but managed to do up the top button - they are very tight
2) 28 - could do top 3 buttons, coudl not do top despite trying very hard...these are tigther..could probably get top button done up after a few horus of wear, but again they are tight

so, which do you think i'd be most happy with long term? i realize they stretch and i prefer for them to look fitted...

thanks!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads