A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. ma1

ma1 Senior member

wheres the best place to cop new standards for a canadian (ie free shipping)?

2. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

That is the Size 28 with the 30 inch waist, i presume..?

I meant tagged size = 30 although on second thought 29 would be better. I would imagine a tagged size 28 in your case would be pretty uncomfortable. You can always wear a belt to prevent excessive stretching but if the jeans are too small to even fit into initially you're pretty much screwed. Hope this helps

3. max_r

max_r Senior member

I meant tagged size = 30 although on second thought 29 would be better. I would imagine a tagged size 28 in your case would be pretty uncomfortable. You can always wear a belt to prevent excessive stretching but if the jeans are too small to even fit into initially you're pretty much screwed. Hope this helps

i dont know about that, plenty of people here buy apc's that they can't button all the way up at first, and they end up fitting great.

the initial stretch doesn't take long at all, mine stretched 1/2" in the first hour of wear, and 2" total in the first week.

4. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

I'm wondering if stretching 2-3 sizes only happens for the larger sizes. As I said, my ns 26 only measure 29 now and still feel tight as fuck sometimes. When I bought them I could already do up all the buttons albeit uncomfortably...

don't hold me accountable for any problems guys. I'm only trying to help based on what I know [​IMG]

5. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

i dont know about that, plenty of people here buy apc's that they can't button all the way up at first, and they end up fitting great. the initial stretch doesn't take long at all, mine stretched 1/2" in the first hour of wear, and 2" total in the first week.
    And your 28 now measures what at the waist? edit: 4 inch stretch, djeess, well I guess 28 will do by my standards. I will be wearing them with a belt so the stretch will be stopped at about 32 33. I've ordered a friend to buy one for me in Amsterdam and mail it to me. Expect to have it by the end of the week [​IMG] I don't mind the different opinions! discussion is always a good thing

6. sharks9022

sharks9022 Senior member

This is the very first post in the thread...

This generally holds true for about every case I've ever seen.

7. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

Friend bought them today, but reacted a bit startled when i said; mail them. Now i have to wait 'till our busy schedules meet.

I've created a monster [​IMG]

8. niix

niix Senior member

anyone know a place in Tampa that stocks APC jeans? looking to grab a pair of PS down here

I second this. It would be awesome to try some on before ordering.

9. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

i live in Tampa and i can confirm that there isnt anywhere that sells em

i recommend buying from Tobi.com

because they offer free (slow) shipping but give u easy returns
    they include a return slip that only takes off like 5.00 of your refund

which is worth the risk....most sites only offer exchanges and u have to pay for return shipping which can def be more than 5.00

10. niix

niix Senior member

i live in Tampa and i can confirm that there isnt anywhere that sells em

i recommend buying from Tobi.com

because they offer free (slow) shipping but give u easy returns
    they include a return slip that only takes off like 5.00 of your refund

which is worth the risk....most sites only offer exchanges and u have to pay for return shipping which can def be more than 5.00

Thank you for your infinite wisdom, Snuff Daddy.

11. yamete

yamete Senior member

does anyone know if it costs more to buy clothes directly from APC website or from, say, some european websites that stock them?
    P.S im talking abt new season, so no discount

12. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

^ should be the same price. Sales vary though. Sometimes the APC website sells out first, sometimes not. In any case, there seems to be a consensus opinion that the APC webshop is horrible. Both times I've placed orders (and recieved order #'s, completion screens, etc.) I have later discovered that they didn't charge my card nor even bother to tell me they had canceled my order.

13. yamete

yamete Senior member

^then, i guess im off to NYC apc store to pick up something this fall. Also is it me or is it normal for coat in XS sells out most quickly? im curious cuz thats probably my size in APC coat...

14. Mr_Mike

Mr_Mike Member

Any tips on how to stretch the part of the Jean from the knee down to the leg opening?? At the moment it just looks too skinny and need it stretching out.

Thanks

15. jjj8989

jjj8989 Well-Known Member

sorry to add to this very long thread..but i suppose thats the threads purpose.

i usually buy dior 19's in a 30 and went to apc , love the APC PS..

question is, which size is best for APC PS (tried on in london store)
    1) 29- struggled for a minute and was sweating, but managed to do up the top button - they are very tight
    2) 28 - could do top 3 buttons, coudl not do top despite trying very hard...these are tigther..could probably get top button done up after a few horus of wear, but again they are tight

so, which do you think i'd be most happy with long term? i realize they stretch and i prefer for them to look fitted...

thanks!!