A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. insp86

insp86 Senior member

Here's some pictures of a badass repair by Context. They turned these guys around in less than a week. There's a denim patch with mattress fabric which is visible through the hole. Amazing job.

Jeans are APC NS's with about 9 months of wear. They smell awful, but I'm heading for a three week backpacking trip through Asia and I'm hoping to get through that before sending them to the dry cleaner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. puddin

puddin Senior member

Does APC still offer jeans w/o the swivel button?

3. entrero

entrero Senior member

Here's some pictures of a badass repair by Context. They turned these guys around in less than a week. There's a denim patch with mattress fabric which is visible through the hole. Amazing job.

Jeans are APC NS's with about 9 months of wear. They smell awful, but I'm heading for a three week backpacking trip through Asia and I'm hoping to get through that before sending them to the dry cleaner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Asia has enough pollution already, get it cleaned before you go. Bacteria faded much of the indigo, no point going further without washing.

Does APC still offer jeans w/o the swivel button?

AFAIK only the old black stock had swivel. Newer blacks have antiqued rivets and solid button.

4. heybigmoney

heybigmoney Member

so one of the rivet heads on the coin pocket fell off. anyway i can just fix this thing myself or just leave it be? it seems like a such a miniscule thing to take to get repaired.

5. puddin

puddin Senior member

AFAIK only the old black stock had swivel. Newer blacks have antiqued rivets and solid button.

hmm, i was talking about the indigos. i know that they were making what seemed to be like only swivel buttons for a while. that button is annoying as hell though, so hopefully they stopped.

6. mattt

mattt Senior member

hmm, i was talking about the indigos. i know that they were making what seemed to be like only swivel buttons for a while. that button is annoying as hell though, so hopefully they stopped.

Yeah both my black ns and indigo ps have swivel buttons, they're kinda annoying and I don't understand their purpose.

7. insp86

insp86 Senior member

Does anyone/everyone agree?

Asia has enough pollution already, get it cleaned before you go. Bacteria faded much of the indigo, no point going further without washing.

8. BlueWord

BlueWord Well-Known Member

Yes, wash those. They look overdue, the material is starting to decay noticeably.

9. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I sincerely feel that anyone who recommends sizing down 3 for APC raw denim, even as part of a sliding scale, is an asshole.

10. masterllama

masterllama Senior member

picture of my APC NS, they're 6 months old and hot soaked once. I've pretty much retired them as I've been occupied with flat head, 3sixteen, and iron heart denim so I thought i'd throw up a picture. sorry for the shitty quality, taken on a phone:

[​IMG]

11. AlexWb

AlexWb Well-Known Member

Wow those are beautiful.

Sorry if this has been asked, but is there a difference between getting true size Petite Standards and sizing down New Standards? How does the sizing go for the Petite Standards?

Thanks

12. max_r

max_r Senior member

have any pictures of the front? i think i'd probably wash them if it were me, they look like they've got to the point where instead of looking well-faded they look dirty. if you do wash them, make sure to post pics, i've seen filthy looking jeans get washed and then all the brown bits turn white, and they look hella nice.
    picture of my APC NS, they're 6 months old and hot soaked once. I've pretty much retired them as I've been occupied with flat head, 3sixteen, and iron heart denim so I thought i'd throw up a picture. sorry for the shitty quality, taken on a phone: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/josephhkim/apcs.jpg[/IMG]
    very nice

13. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

the quickest easiest way to size APC's (new standards to be specific as thats what I have) is to do this:

measure around your body where you wear your jeans (usually this is on your hips or below). next, decide how you want them to fit. assuming you dont have super skinny or really big legs, size down 2" for a regular slim fit, 3" or 4" for a slimmer tighter fit.

so, for example (this is what I did), if you measured 33 around where you wear your jeans, subtract 3" (or whatever) for a slim fit, so now you have 30", this is what you want your jeans to measure. since APC's are vanity sized (tagged size = 2 smaller than measured size) subtract two more from the 30", and you get 28. so you'd get a tagged size 28 if you measure 33" around where you wear your jeans.

even if you dont size down they will stretch like two inches in the waist and be baggy. my 28's stretched 4" and now measure 34 in the waist, so they're pretty roomy. i dont need to wear a belt but if they get any bigger, or if i loose weight, i'll need a belt. stretching in the legs is less severe though, i've read they only stretch like an inch in the legs. mine stretched out to feel comfortable and roomy in the legs (took like a month until I could bend down comfortably), but i'm not sure how much they stretched, as i didn't measure them beforehand.

for reference, this is how mine fit right now at around 3 months, maybe a bit more http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9461/img1014u.jpg

Sounds like a good guide. If i have to do an online order, I will follow this. How tall are you?

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

picture of my APC NS, they're 6 months old and hot soaked once. I've pretty much retired them as I've been occupied with flat head, 3sixteen, and iron heart denim so I thought i'd throw up a picture. sorry for the shitty quality, taken on a phone: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/josephhkim/apcs.jpg[/IM[/I]
    Good stuff, I've had mine since March 1st and they're nowhere close to that, even w/biking and 2 washes

15. Casey

Casey Senior member

Yeah both my black ns and indigo ps have swivel buttons, they're kinda annoying and I don't understand their purpose.

This is just my theory but when the jeans are really tight and haven't stretched out yet, the swivel button makes it so that there is less stretch on the waistband because the button turns to accommodate the pull. That's the only reason why I could think that they would put it there. Personally, it doesn't bother me at all. I actually like it more than their rounded out button.