Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. max_r

max_r Senior member

Sounds like a good guide. If i have to do an online order, I will follow this. How tall are you?

5'10"

2. odot520

odot520 New Member

Question: I wear a 33-34 in levis 511 jeans (approximately my true waist size) I just received my APC Petite Standards Size Tagged Size 31 in the mail. It is pretty hard to button the top button but I can.. that's not the problem. Problem is I hate how tight the jeans are on my calves. At the same time, I love how the leg opening is smaller than straight legs jeans. If I go up a size in PS, will that give me more room in the calves? Does it not make sense to +1 because I will risk my jeans surpassing my true waist size? Do new cure jeans offer more room in the calves? Should I wear new standard? I want a fit between skinny and slim.

lol I wish I had an APC store in my area.. all these questions would have been easily answered. non

3. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

I'm planning to order my first pair of NSs next week.

Will go for size 30, to fit an actual 33" waist if that sounds right to everyone (looking for a 'regular' fit in the top block - nothing too tight).

Is Tobi/Context the best deal for online ordering right now?

4. Conundrum

Conundrum Well-Known Member

the quickest easiest way to size APC's (new standards to be specific as that's what I have) is to do this:

so, for example (this is what I did), if you measured 33 around where you wear your jeans, subtract 3" (or whatever) for a slim fit, so now you have 30", this is what you want your jeans to measure. since APC's are vanity sized (tagged size = 2 smaller than measured size) subtract two more from the 30", and you get 28. so you'd get a tagged size 28 if you measure 33" around where you wear your jeans.

So, on the vanity sized issue

This site sizes correctly;
    http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=6

And this site doesn't;
    http://www.kiosk78.co.uk/shop/brands...awSelvage.html

Right?

5. niix

niix Senior member

I've read a majority of this thread trying to figure out sizing correctly and I'm still a bit confused. So I'm sorry for the redundant questioning. I wear a 32 in Levi's 510's and 511's, which is a little bit tight on the waste. In Diesel's (Shoiners) I have a 32, which is a little bit looser and I enjoy this fit more. Also, I'm not a huge fan of how tight the 510's fit and I enjoy the Diesel (Shoiner) fit a lot more.

I was going to get a 30 or 29 tag size in APC NS, based upon the measuring charts but I tried on a pair of my friends tag sized 33 APC NS the other day and they fit great. He's had them for about 4 years and I've endured plenty of stretch and amazing wear. So here is where my confusion comes in. [​IMG] I'm terrified to order a new pair of APCs and they are too small or big and then have to send them back just to wait again for the jeans.

Can someone please help me out with some sizing advice? Please no flames [​IMG]

6. max_r

max_r Senior member

So, on the vanity sized issue

This site sizes correctly;
    http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=6

And this site doesn't;
    http://www.kiosk78.co.uk/shop/brands...awSelvage.html

Right?

yeah, those measurements on the second link are pretty whack, dunno how they got those numbers.

from my experience, context's measurements are accurate, except i think they measure the thigh an inch down from the crotch, as measuring at the crotch got me a bigger measurement than what they say on their site for when mine were new.

7. Conundrum

[​IMG]

So, based on my Nudie Slim Jim, I would need a Size 28 APC? (also because of my thigh-size)

Right?

btw Final question and I will not hold anyone responsible for a 'misfit'

8. max_r

max_r Senior member

[​IMG]

So, based on my Nudie Slim Jim, I would need a Size 28 APC? (also because of my thigh-size)

Right?

btw Final question and I will not hold anyone responsible for a 'misfit'

is that what your nudie slim jims measure? chances are they've stretched out atleast a bit unless they're brand new, i'd recommend measuring them yourself.

my new standards are size 28, and they currently measure 11.75" if i measure the way that context says that they measure

like this:
    [​IMG]

they're like 3 months old I think

9. Conundrum

SJ Thigh isn't really streched, now at approx 10.63 (i have to convert cm>inch)

SJ Waist is 16.54in, measured on the back, so that is approx 33, but that is a bit to wide.

Another pant, a diesel, also measures 33 (bit smaller, bit more comfty). it's thigh is 11.60

So an eventual APC size of 32 and a bit sounds like a good size.

Thinking about it, whilst sitting down in my diesel to get the feel of sitting down in a bit tighter APC's, the best thing would be to stretch an APC 30in to a +32in.

Sounds like sound reasoning?

10. ddragovi

ddragovi Senior member

anyone know a place in Tampa that stocks APC jeans? looking to grab a pair of PS down here

11. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Senior member

Question: I wear a 33-34 in levis 511 jeans (approximately my true waist size) I just received my APC Petite Standards Size Tagged Size 31 in the mail. It is pretty hard to button the top button but I can.. that's not the problem. Problem is I hate how tight the jeans are on my calves. At the same time, I love how the leg opening is smaller than straight legs jeans. If I go up a size in PS, will that give me more room in the calves? Does it not make sense to +1 because I will risk my jeans surpassing my true waist size? Do new cure jeans offer more room in the calves? Should I wear new standard? I want a fit between skinny and slim.

lol I wish I had an APC store in my area.. all these questions would have been easily answered. non

If the jeans are really tight in the calves I don't think switching to a nc (same size) will do you any good because nc's have a very slight flare which make the leg opening wider, hence lots of people get them tapered to get better stacks. I would suggest going with the NS which, if you size down to a 31 should fit pretty slim as long as you're taller than 5'9''ish.

I've read a majority of this thread trying to figure out sizing correctly and I'm still a bit confused. So I'm sorry for the redundant questioning. I wear a 32 in Levi's 510's and 511's, which is a little bit tight on the waste. In Diesel's (Shoiners) I have a 32, which is a little bit looser and I enjoy this fit more. Also, I'm not a huge fan of how tight the 510's fit and I enjoy the Diesel (Shoiner) fit a lot more.

I was going to get a 30 or 29 tag size in APC NS, based upon the measuring charts but I tried on a pair of my friends tag sized 33 APC NS the other day and they fit great. He's had them for about 4 years and I've endured plenty of stretch and amazing wear. So here is where my confusion comes in. [​IMG] I'm terrified to order a new pair of APCs and they are too small or big and then have to send them back just to wait again for the jeans.

Can someone please help me out with some sizing advice? Please no flames [​IMG]

You're friends worn out NS's tagged 33 fit you great and you're a 32 (loose) in Diesel?? Sorry I have a hard time believing this since from my experience Diesel runs generally tts and the NS's you tried should be at least 34-35 in the waist. Disregarding the fit of your friend's NS's, it sounds like a 30 will work better for you than a 29. A 30 stretching 2 sizes is much more likely than a 29 stretching 3 sizes.

Remember, the larger the size of the jeans you buy, the more stretching they will undergo simply b/c there is more material! I learned this the hard way by sizing down from a 29 to a (tagged) 26 [​IMG] they've only stretched 1-1.5 inches in 8 months of solid wear.

SJ Waist is 16.54in, measured on the back, so that is approx 33, but that is a bit to wide.

Another pant, a diesel, also measures 33 (bit smaller, bit more comfty). it's thigh is 11.60

Thinking about it, whilst sitting down in my diesel to get the feel of sitting down in a bit tighter APC's, the best thing would be to stretch an APC 30in to a +32in.

You're reasoning sounds good to me. I'd go with the tagged 30 if I were you.

12. niix

niix Senior member

Sounds similar to what I'm looking for, I'm looking for something to stretch to a 32.

13. niix

niix Senior member

You're friends worn out NS's tagged 33 fit you great and you're a 32 (loose) in Diesel?? Sorry I have a hard time believing this since from my experience Diesel runs generally tts and the NS's you tried should be at least 34-35 in the waist. Disregarding the fit of your friend's NS's, it sounds like a 30 will work better for you than a 29. A 30 stretching 2 sizes is much more likely than a 29 stretching 3 sizes.

Remember, the larger the size of the jeans you buy, the more stretching they will undergo simply b/c there is more material! I learned this the hard way by sizing down from a 29 to a (tagged) 26 [​IMG] they've only stretched 1-1.5 inches in 8 months of solid wear.

The issue is, he bought them from someone they didn't fit and he may not be 100% sure that they are NS. Odds are they are some other sort of cut and that's the reason why they fit differently. I'm extremely happy with a 32 Diesel when they first fit, obviously they stretch a little bit from there. So if I can find something that will eventually be like a 32 Diesel then I'll be happy, so I'll ride with 30 in APC NS. I wouldn't want to go 29 and not have enough stretch, that would be uncomfortable.

14. Chie

Chie Well-Known Member

my measured waist is 28 inches, and I bought a pair of APC NS tagged size 25...

the waist fit right on, hips and thighs are tight, bearable though.

after a week, the waist stretched enough to how I like it to be, hips and thighs are still a bit tight to my liking, especially when I want to sit down or squat down.

to me, size down 3 from my true waist seems to be a good choice, for now, don't know how much they will stretch after a few months, but if the waist stretch a little bit more, that's ok because I want to sag them a bit, stretch at hips and thighs are preferable so it's all good.

15. Conundrum

That is the Size 28 with the 30 inch waist, i presume..?