• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis 501 shrink-to-fit available in selvedge again

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've been available for almost two months now...

ispace

Reaction score
Looks like Wolverine 1000 Mile boots on the Levi's model.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
cool, i wonder if anyone can comment on how they compare in fit and construction to, say the LVC 47s?

Quite a few differences. 47s have a slimmer cut through the legs, hidden rivets, made in the USA, leather patch and other vintage details (big E, pure cotton stitching, etc). In addition, the denim used by 47s is designed to replicate the denim used in 1947, and probably has more, or at least a different, character. There is a useful LVC guide on superfuture that describes the differences for each LVC model.

47s are also getting more and more expensive.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
17-1/4" leg openings are big. At about 8.5" across makes them a big bigger than slim fit.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
17-1/4" leg openings are big. At about 8.5" across makes them a big bigger than slim fit.

I would say that is a relaxed fit.
Definintely not a straight/slim fit.

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba

I don't know why the site lists them as this - all my STF's measure about 7.75" at the hem.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
They were posted about, surprisingly, in the Levi 501 thread.
Thank you.

whiskeybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
I would say that is a relaxed fit.
Definintely not a straight/slim fit.

Agreed, I tried a pair on yesterday and they were displeasingly voluminous throughout the legs, especially below the knee.

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coal_Mining_Polak
I don't know why the site lists them as this - all my STF's measure about 7.75" at the hem.
Obviously, the hem measurement is different for different sizes. And the website does not state whether the size of the hem is before or after shrinking. They're current 501s. You know how they fit.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, they probably didn't pick a size 30 for that measurement, possibly 34 or 36.

Is your 7.75" after shrinking?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads