• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim advice for weird body

Aloysius16

Reaction score
I have tried dozens of jeans this year but can’t find a good fit anywhere due to my odd body shape. I have narrow hips, flat seat and slim thighs but also quite muscular calves. I am also fatter at the waist than I should be. So what I need is something with a slim top block but a straight fit from the knees down. Ideally also mid-rise (not low) and not small in the waist. So basically like a denim straight tube all the way down.

Someone recommended Levi’s 513 but these seem unavailable in the UK. Of Levi’s fits, 511 is too slim at the calves, 501 is too loose at the seat and hips.

Any recommendations?

CMT1

Reaction score
Do you have a pair of pants that you love? I ask only because all you have to do is get close with the right pair of denim and then have them tailored.

The US has Railcar, I've used this service and it rocks:

You send them the new denim along with the pants you want to use as a reference, and you get back a new pair that fits how you want.

Since sending your jeans to the US is hardly optimal, the UK Denim Doctor might be able to perform a similar service:

But obviously you would want to contact him to inquire about services. You might be able to use the Railcar link as an example of the service you'd like, and ask if he can replicate it. If the 501 works in the waist, it might be the perfect starting pair.

It's worth a shot!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads