• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many meters did you row/erg today?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No poast yet today, Maiorano!? That's weak!
stirpot.gif

Anyway, we won out heats in the Junior Men's 4+ and 8+ at Chicago Sprints, but didn't post fast enough times to advance to the 4-boat semis (there were 11 and 10 entries in each event, respectively). My 4x also had a really ****** race.

So, tonight:
10' warmup on erg

5.5x500m:
1:43.7
1:41.6
1:42.2
1:42.2
1:41.8
Last interval, I was pulling about 1:42, and then 300m in, **** hit the fan.

10' steady state erg

2.5 mile run on steep incline

Done.

Hoping to break 6:55 in the next week-1.5 weeks. We'll see what's next after that.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paddled in a K1 - only 5km today, first time after a great regatta (posted a PB in my best event) and a week off. Shoulder feels like garbage though.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Hmm? You mean I should pace myself for a 6:54, or that I'd need a lot of luck to pull a 6:54?

He means making progress becomes extremely difficult after a while, I think.

Frihed89

Reaction score
It's like Ground Hog Day: 10K M @ 2'18", 7 days a week. My original goal was to get under 2'15", but I found that without some training to build up muscles and endurance, I would never get there. C'est la vie. I'm 67. I'm not too far above the average for the 60-69 group. I feel great. I'm trim as can be and my body still looks like it did when I was 16!

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Frihed89
It's like Ground Hog Day: 10K M @ 2'18", 7 days a week. My original goal was to get under 2'15", but I found that without some training to build up muscles and endurance, I would never get there. C'est la vie. I'm 67. I'm not too far above the average for the 60-69 group. I feel great. I'm trim as can be and my body still looks like it did when I was 16!

^^ Thats bad ass for 67! Well done.

Today I just did an easy 10mins @ 2:00 to warm up a leg workout.

After leg work, 10 mins on a treadmill, 8% incline. Then another 10mins @ 2:00 to cool it down. last minute of the piece I decided to keep it under 1:45 @ 20 SPM, goddamn I'd forgotten what hard work was. Glad to be back though.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
He means making progress becomes extremely difficult after a while, I think.
'fraid I was just being silly, there is always a new goal, but yes it gets harder and harder.
Originally Posted by Frihed89
Excellent!

Frihed89

Reaction score
Thanks, you guys are kind. There's a real bunch of body-nazis on the Concept2 forum. They are extremely helpful. I started a training program with one fellow, but it was too complicated for me to follow all the various up and down splits. It helped and I got down to 2:15 briefly, but could tell that this would require more dedication than I was ready for and the results I am getting are what I really wanted, not the times.

The Concept2 is a wonderful machine.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay so:
6-7km in the morning technique work.

Afternoon: Lactate tolerance
3 km warm up, 4km of work (3x(9x10-30 second sprints with 15"rest) with 5' rest), 2km cool down

Total:
15km

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
15 mins as a part of a total workout that beat the **** out of me. The erg part was only 1:57 @ 20spm for 15 mins. Wasn't too hard but I'm struggling when I realize I used to be able to 2x50mins pieces @ 1:54.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, 2x50' at 1:54 is really impressive. What were your 2k and 6k PR's, back in the day?

Anyway, tonight, I banged around for ~15', then did 3x3000m at 1:50-1:52 avg. splits, then cooled down for 10'.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Damn, 2x50' at 1:54 is really impressive. What were your 2k and 6k PR's, back in the day?

Anyway, tonight, I banged around for ~15', then did 3x3000m at 1:50-1:52 avg. splits, then cooled down for 10'.

Yea a while back we had this discussion somewhere here about how PR's don't always correlate across multiple distances/disciplines or whatever. The 2x50 at 1:54 sounds harder than it is IMO and I was always better at the longer stuff. Anyway as a LW, my best 2k was 6:40 and 5k was somewhere in the low/mid 18 minute area...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads