• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
That's a bit pretentious no? I can understand looking for feedback but I would feel a bit silly letting a message board decide what I will wear for the day.

"what about this? well what about this??? ahhh i will just stay home i cant go to this job interview"

lol

That said though I haven't worn that ice cream cone shirt since I posted that pic. It really does fit like ****
ffffuuuu.gif

I think it'd be a good way to get some quick feedback for those that are looking for it.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
can we make a "WAYWT Interesting Edition" so a tucked in polo with khakis isn't considered worth posting
Kind of undermines the whole "What are you wearing today" concept doesn't it? Let's remember it's not intended to be a freaking museum of fits, it's what people wear on a day to day basis. Besides, there's already a filtration system in place called 'the community'. This community voices their criticism and approval of fits so that people are deterred from posting bad fits or bad items and enticed into posting good fits or good items
wink.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
why should we care if it's day to day and not museum worthy i can walk outside and see tucked in polos etc

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
what the **** is a point of being on a forum about style and fashion and then saying "well whatever it's acceptable, who cares"

it's nothing against graphic novelty, but anyone can wear a polo tucked into some pants for business casual or whatever. you were definitely right in saying it's not WAYWT-worthy, so why post it? and it's the discussion thread, so there's no point in complaining when someone actually ... discusses it.

it's just lame, this board has been getting better lately, people are posting lots of interesting stuff that isn't so lowest common denominator oatmeal-level. but i still think it's ridiculous when -- again, on a style forum -- people have the nerve to complain when people are advocating more interesting, dare i say, stylish stuff over bland basics.

I take back saying it was not WAYWT worthy... GN prefaced the post by saying he thought it was a boring fit, but that it was for work... I'm guessing he just wanted opinions on sizing and fit, not the artistic of fashion value of his outfit It's fine to have opinions... that's the point of WAYWT, not to have a showcase of high fashion. I think telling people what they can and can't post is way beyond your jurisdiction... relax, it's not tha tserious

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I have a miniature aneurysm every time somebody posts an old B&W photo of some dead asshole wearing clothes in a certain way as a justification. You are not paul ******* newman, james dean, adolf hitler, jesus, sherlock holmes, scooby doo, miley cirus, or any other 1930's-1940's I don't give a **** characters. ****

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
imo "does this fit" type questions could go in the ask a question get an answer thread. I guess less people pay attention to that though. I like seeing things that are interesting to look at in WAYWT

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol eason

am i the only one getting really annoyed at a particular noob spewing hot garbage all over the forum?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I have a miniature aneurysm every time somebody posts an old B&W photo of some dead asshole wearing clothes in a certain way as a justification. You are not paul ******* newman, james dean, adolf hitler, jesus, sherlock holmes, scooby doo, miley cirus, or any other 1930's-1940's I don't give a **** characters. ****
All three of these guys tell you to **** right off! Edit: especially the one on the left.
d7b2ce77b255d1belarge.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the forum or that thread would benefit from just posting your feeling and then moving on. Learn to let some things go. Robert doesn't seem to be the only one who wants to have the last word around here.

Not saying I am not guilty of it though, I get into back and forth arguments too but it's not as bad as going back and forth with the, "I think it looks bad" vs. "I think it looks good" argument.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
All three of these guys tell you to **** right off! Edit: especially the one on the left.
Eason might win if it's a dance off.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Kind of undermines the whole "What are you wearing today" concept doesn't it? Let's remember it's not intended to be a freaking museum of fits, it's what people wear on a day to day basis.

Besides, there's already a filtration system in place called 'the community'. This community voices their criticism and approval of fits so that people are deterred from posting bad fits or bad items and enticed into posting good fits or good items
wink.gif

Can't believe I'm saying this...****... I agree with Xeno

It's "what are you wearing today" not "what super next level fit are you wearing today". This is as marsupialed as the argument over people posting lifestyle pics. And if something sucks or is boring just ignore it and scroll down to the next post... seriously it takes you half a ******* second to scroll over a post.

word

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I think the forum or that thread would benefit from just posting your feeling and then moving on. Learn to let some things go. Robert doesn't seem to be the only one who wants to have the last word around here.

Not saying I am not guilty of it though, I get into back and forth arguments too but it's not as bad as going back and forth with the, "I think it looks bad" vs. "I think it looks good" argument.

The back and forth debating would actually be useful if it didn't degrade to petty bickering most of the time. It always spills over in here as well.
plain.gif

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Let's remember it's not intended to be a freaking museum of fits, it's what people wear on a day to day basis.

It will get boring fast around here if we all start posting our day to day business casual fits. I have spared you all from mine.

The fit should be interesting or have some kind of worthy focal point. Otherwise it isn't worth posting. Simple fits can still be interesting due to good execution. Many people have shown that.

Originally Posted by Eason

this is funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics