Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake

snake Senior member

That's a bit pretentious no? I can understand looking for feedback but I would feel a bit silly letting a message board decide what I will wear for the day.

"what about this? well what about this??? ahhh i will just stay home i cant go to this job interview"

lol

That said though I haven't worn that ice cream cone shirt since I posted that pic. It really does fit like shit [​IMG]

I think it'd be a good way to get some quick feedback for those that are looking for it.

2. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

can we make a "WAYWT Interesting Edition" so a tucked in polo with khakis isn't considered worth posting
    Kind of undermines the whole "What are you wearing today" concept doesn't it? Let's remember it's not intended to be a freaking museum of fits, it's what people wear on a day to day basis. Besides, there's already a filtration system in place called 'the community'. This community voices their criticism and approval of fits so that people are deterred from posting bad fits or bad items and enticed into posting good fits or good items [​IMG].

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

why should we care if it's day to day and not museum worthy i can walk outside and see tucked in polos etc

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

what the fuck is a point of being on a forum about style and fashion and then saying "well whatever it's acceptable, who cares"

it's nothing against graphic novelty, but anyone can wear a polo tucked into some pants for business casual or whatever. you were definitely right in saying it's not WAYWT-worthy, so why post it? and it's the discussion thread, so there's no point in complaining when someone actually ... discusses it.

it's just lame, this board has been getting better lately, people are posting lots of interesting stuff that isn't so lowest common denominator oatmeal-level. but i still think it's ridiculous when -- again, on a style forum -- people have the nerve to complain when people are advocating more interesting, dare i say, stylish stuff over bland basics.

I take back saying it was not WAYWT worthy... GN prefaced the post by saying he thought it was a boring fit, but that it was for work... I'm guessing he just wanted opinions on sizing and fit, not the artistic of fashion value of his outfit It's fine to have opinions... that's the point of WAYWT, not to have a showcase of high fashion. I think telling people what they can and can't post is way beyond your jurisdiction... relax, it's not tha tserious

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I have a miniature aneurysm every time somebody posts an old B&W photo of some dead asshole wearing clothes in a certain way as a justification. You are not paul fucking newman, james dean, adolf hitler, jesus, sherlock holmes, scooby doo, miley cirus, or any other 1930's-1940's I don't give a fuck characters. FUCK

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I'm guessing he just wanted opinions on sizing and fit, not the artistic of fashion value of his outfit

and i gave it, and you still bitched

7. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

imo "does this fit" type questions could go in the ask a question get an answer thread. I guess less people pay attention to that though. I like seeing things that are interesting to look at in WAYWT

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

lol eason

am i the only one getting really annoyed at a particular noob spewing hot garbage all over the forum?

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

I have a miniature aneurysm every time somebody posts an old B&W photo of some dead asshole wearing clothes in a certain way as a justification. You are not paul fucking newman, james dean, adolf hitler, jesus, sherlock holmes, scooby doo, miley cirus, or any other 1930's-1940's I don't give a fuck characters. FUCK
    All three of these guys tell you to fuck right off! Edit: especially the one on the left. [​IMG]

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think the forum or that thread would benefit from just posting your feeling and then moving on. Learn to let some things go. Robert doesn't seem to be the only one who wants to have the last word around here.

Not saying I am not guilty of it though, I get into back and forth arguments too but it's not as bad as going back and forth with the, "I think it looks bad" vs. "I think it looks good" argument.

11. robin

robin Senior member

All three of these guys tell you to fuck right off! Edit: especially the one on the left.
    Eason might win if it's a dance off.

12. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Robert
    5... 4.... 3..... 2......

13. Meis

Meis Senior member

Kind of undermines the whole "What are you wearing today" concept doesn't it? Let's remember it's not intended to be a freaking museum of fits, it's what people wear on a day to day basis.

Besides, there's already a filtration system in place called 'the community'. This community voices their criticism and approval of fits so that people are deterred from posting bad fits or bad items and enticed into posting good fits or good items [​IMG].

Can't believe I'm saying this...fuck... I agree with Xeno

It's "what are you wearing today" not "what super next level fit are you wearing today". This is as retarded as the argument over people posting lifestyle pics. And if something sucks or is boring just ignore it and scroll down to the next post... seriously it takes you half a fucking second to scroll over a post.

14. word

word Senior member

I think the forum or that thread would benefit from just posting your feeling and then moving on. Learn to let some things go. Robert doesn't seem to be the only one who wants to have the last word around here.

Not saying I am not guilty of it though, I get into back and forth arguments too but it's not as bad as going back and forth with the, "I think it looks bad" vs. "I think it looks good" argument.

The back and forth debating would actually be useful if it didn't degrade to petty bickering most of the time. It always spills over in here as well. [​IMG]

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

Let's remember it's not intended to be a freaking museum of fits, it's what people wear on a day to day basis.

It will get boring fast around here if we all start posting our day to day business casual fits. I have spared you all from mine.

The fit should be interesting or have some kind of worthy focal point. Otherwise it isn't worth posting. Simple fits can still be interesting due to good execution. Many people have shown that.

this is funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.