• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
there should be a thread for " help, I don't know how to dress" fits.

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=160731

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Racing Green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
am i the only one getting really annoyed at a particular noob spewing hot garbage all over the forum?

No. I'm quite enjoying it, but thanks for asking.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
nm. no need to be mean

but yea, eason you're right. Just like people who copycat a brad pitt, beckham or whoever else male of female won't look near as good as them especially when it's something simple. Most stuff like that looks good because the person is in great shape, really good looking and is a celebrity. Lookbook/magazines always have good lighting, angles, multiple takes, clothing pins, stylists, etc....

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's gotten to the point that when something gets to the point of "i think this looks pretty good proportion-wise" I post it, and if someone doesn't like something, I take that peice of knowledge and carry on. DB grimm pointed out that the color combination didn't work, and Eason said not to wear a tucked polo. Information recieved, over and out (and time to schedule a trip to Uniqlo to buy some S/S BD's to take to the tailor).

I'm not on this website to please anybody, but rather, acquire specialized knowledge, unavailable elsewhere, that I can use and apply in my day-to-day. As I've said before, I don't have any innate fashion sense--I'm a geek who cares about my image, not someone attempting to attain baller fashion status (not that there's anything wrong with that as a goal). I probably won't ever post anything resembling the level of SQ or Fuuma, or NN.

Does that make me a direct drain on the quality of the forum? Maybe for people who value the "community of people with great style" aspect. But that's not the only purpose of such a website, and I post infrequently enough that I'm pretty easily ignored.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You post fits almost every day bro.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's mostly in clusters, and generally regarding whatever aspect that I'm attempting to figure out. At this point, however, I'm foresee a significant taper as I've accumulated most of the knowledge that I need at this point in time.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's time for those in the know to handpick who is worthy of posting fits... ****, posting in SW&D at ALL to end this clashing of the nobility and peasant folk. Seems fashion is very (almost inconceivably) serious business to some, and it would be better for them to reign supreme in a bubble than try to coexist with the less fortunate...

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
I know Daniele Alessandrini is ripping off Lanvin shoes, but anyone experienced with their Menswear?
Decent quality, fits very slim PS: I'm patiently awaiting a: "Post ****** WAYWTs KitAkira Doesn't Want to See" thread

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
It's mostly in clusters, and generally regarding whatever aspect that I'm attempting to figure out. At this point, however, I'm foresee a significant taper as I've accumulated most of the knowledge that I need at this point in time.

i think you should keep posting. even if your style is not earth-shattering, you are still 10 million times more useful to the forum and WAYWT environment then leach trolls like db_ggmm.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool the kid,

I am not suggesting some sort of elitist separation. There are just some posters who clearly are posting in that thread for the sake of getting advice/learning. If there were a thread created just to aid these posters there are multiple benefits:

1) They may get better advice / not get shitted on by assholes
2) Less clutter/bitching in waywt
3) kitakira is happy

It's probably a dumb idea though.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not against that separation. In fact, I'm for it. I said it was suggested and shot down.

(you might be thinking of Cool_the_kid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads