• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

sky140885

Reaction score
Gold is out for me, I'm afraid I can't carry it off.
frown.gif
Apart from Gold, what frame color you think is versatile for everyday wear? matt chrome/bright chrome/black? I'm 5'9", you think 52mm will work for me? I like my sunglasses to fit nicely on my face, perhaps just slightly oversize. Would love to try and see how it looks on me but I can't find this in the country I live in. So the only way is to get it online. Argh..

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sky140885
frown.gif
Apart from Gold, what frame color you think is versatile for everyday wear? matt chrome/bright chrome/black?

I'm 5'9", you think 52mm will work for me? I like my sunglasses to fit nicely on my face, perhaps just slightly oversize.
Would love to try and see how it looks on me but I can't find this in the country I live in. So the only way is to get it online. Argh..

I like silver. I think it's a classic color. But that's just me.
I'm 6'1", but I'm also skinny as ****. Do you have an eyewear store around you? Perhaps find some similar frames and see what size works best

JordanRHughes

Reaction score
I've been an Oakley fan for ages.
Slim design, quality construction (more on this below) and excellent lenses.
I also require prescription shades and have a few pairs of prescription Oakleys (benefits of having optical in my health benefits from work). The latest pair are C-Wires and I love them.

As for the quality construction bit I mentioned above:
I had my shades pushed up onto my hat one morning as I was getting ready to go to work. I walked out onto my balcony to finish up my coffee. I set down my cup and popped my hat off for a sec to re-adjust it (forgetting that my glasses were on them) and promptly launched my Oakleys off the balcony and watched them plummet 12 stories to land in the alley below.
Needless to say I hightailed it down as fast as I could. So I get down the elevator, run out the front door and around the building to get to the alley and (I **** you not here) come around the corner just in time to watch some guy in a hummer run over my glasses!
I walked over, picked them up and actually managed to bend the frame back at the nose and hinges into its original shape. The lenses had two very minor dings in the upper left corner and that was it!
I got to work and emailed the story to Oakley. I figured they'd get a kick out of it.

Originally Posted by Strombollii
I like silver. I think it's a classic color. But that's just me.
I'm 6'1", but I'm also skinny as ****. Do you have an eyewear store around you? Perhaps find some similar frames and see what size works best.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sky140885
frown.gif
Apart from Gold, what frame color you think is versatile for everyday wear? matt chrome/bright chrome/black?

I'm 5'9", you think 52mm will work for me? I like my sunglasses to fit nicely on my face, perhaps just slightly oversize.
Would love to try and see how it looks on me but I can't find this in the country I live in. So the only way is to get it online. Argh..

You have to take into account that they have a 20mm bridge. I wear 52mm in American Optical (same as RE) and 55mm in Rayban caravan (with a 16mm bridge).

KBW

Reaction score
what is the general consensus here for Oakley Frogskins? they fit my face and I like the old school look without wearing Ray-bans (everyone here still wears Wayfarers nonstop so I retired my two pairs).

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
While not owning either, but trying on both, the Frogskins felt a lot lighter than the Wayfarers.

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
what is the general consensus here for Oakley Frogskins? they fit my face and I like the old school look without wearing Ray-bans (everyone here still wears Wayfarers nonstop so I retired my two pairs).

IMHO, the branding is uglier on the Oakleys (I may also have an anti-Oakley sentiment, so take my opinion with a grain of salt). If you're going for the "old school" look, why not look at some RB Caravans/Aviators? Or maybe Retrosuperfuture? Moscot?

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Strombollii
IMHO, the branding is uglier on the Oakleys (I may also have an anti-Oakley sentiment, so take my opinion with a grain of salt). If you're going for the "old school" look, why not look at some RB Caravans/Aviators? Or maybe Retrosuperfuture? Moscot?

Caravans rock. I have the Ultra Caravans, and I love them. Plus, you are somewhat different than everybody rocking the normal aviators.

Murdoc

Reaction score
Bah, after going back and forth on the thought of Persols for a month I decided to stop in and try some on.... yep no round frames for me.

Kind of annoying since I'm so sick of rectangular frames, they all look the same to me now but its the only thing that works well for my face.

nystyle86

Reaction score
Can somewhat help me with understanding which brands of sunglasses produce highest quality lenses in terms of full spectrum UV protection and quality optics/no distortion in view? I only know about Oakley's quality lenses because they are the only ones who demonstrate various tests on their glasses. How do I know if high end designer brands achieve the same quality lenses as Oakley does? Are there independent review sites for sun glasses that I should be aware of?

I want to emphasize that I'm not so interested in the latest designer frames and fads, but more about quality optics.

morox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mhpragematter
blueblackraybans.jpg

Can I get some feedback on these? I like how the wayfarers fit, but at the moment I feel like the all black/silver/gold glasses are a little played out. Think I'll regret the light blue detail in the longrun?

I bought that exact pair recently. When I took a trip to Mexico, I got quite a few compliments on them. I love them!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads