• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foods You Never Find Fresh

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
But Soy Cows are not RACIST against teh AZNs ?
confused.gif

Whatever, asians are rich and well educated. If you make fun of them, the joke really is on you. But the cotton candy joke....dude.... I'm texting Al Sharpton. Have fun apologizing on Larry King.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I wrong in thinking these are like bay leaves and generally meant to be used in their dried form?

Unfortunately, you are. You can buy kaffir lime leaves fresh, frozen or freeze-dried. I'm always forced to buy the frozen ones, since it seems to be almost impossible to find fresh ones around here. I need a kaffir lime plant badly...

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well - I find the dried leaves impart quite a bit of flavor.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Am I wrong in thinking these are like bay leaves and generally meant to be used in their dried form?

as mentioned, kaffir and bay leaves are totally different. btw- we have a kaffir lime plant at home, thing's so easy to grow if one's interested. and the scent is just
inlove.gif

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
as mentioned, kaffir and bay leaves are totally different. btw- we have a kaffir lime plant at home, thing's so easy to grow if one's interested. and the scent is just
inlove.gif

I realize it is a different plant w/ a different flavor - I just thought it was generally dry, as that's how I've always seen it, and it works quite well.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
The insides are pretty creepy looking. Personally, I think most uni at sushi restaurants tastes a little adulterated. Fresh is pretty strong, like iodine mixed with chocolate.
Do you find that the fresh ones are stronger in flavor? What about texture/firmness? ******* - I'm getting some.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Do you find that the fresh ones are stronger in flavor? What about texture/firmness? ******* - I'm getting some.
The smell is stronger, but pleasant. The texture depends on the sex of the gonads, I believe. Those pictured were a bit firmer, though still very creamy. I think the ones in the wood trays are brined, which would explain all of the differences.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Really??? There's several great peach centers in Texas, but of course they'd be a day's drive from Dallas: Fredericksburg and Pittsburg.

Yeah, that's a bit far to go for peaches. Honestly I haven't tried that hard to find them, but have tried stopping at a few roadside stands in various parts of the state, to no avail.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Why is Buddha's Hand so damn hard to find.
ffffuuuu.gif

because they're useless? other than looking weird, the zest isn't particularly perfumed, there's a LOT of pith and almost no meat. i'm sure there's a zen parable lurking somewhere to be teased out ...

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
The smell is stronger, but pleasant. The texture depends on the sex of the gonads, I believe. Those pictured were a bit firmer, though still very creamy. I think the ones in the wood trays are brined, which would explain all of the differences.

i can't make any blanket guarantees, but i don't recall the ones i saw being packed having been brined. my guess is that it's more of an oxidation/rancidity issue. they really, really need to be fresh.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
because they're useless? other than looking weird, the zest isn't particularly perfumed, there's a LOT of pith and almost no meat. i'm sure there's a zen parable lurking somewhere to be teased out ...

They aren't entirely useless. For example, a heavily infused buddha's hand cream, used in either a traditional custard, or set with carageenan, can be absolutely ******* phenomenal.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Why is Buddha's Hand so damn hard to find.
ffffuuuu.gif

Because you left CA. I see them all the time at the farmer's market, and my friend in Santa Monica told me she saw some at her local Safeway.
fight[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads