• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got a job offer (need advice)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The job would provide good experience, especially if want a career in politics, with the government, or as a lobbyist.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
Connie, you could actually learn something about people in the heartland by living in upstate new york, not to mention maybe discovering meth. I say go for it.
laugh.gif
But yeah, there are a lot of farmers and old-time towns up there. So I'd get to meet some "regular folks."
Originally Posted by edmorel
Republican or Democratic party hack? If for a Repub campaign, you may be asked for to do "things
uhoh.gif
" not in your job description. If Dem., you will probably be required to commit a felony. Take your pick.

Where the **** have you been for the past five years. I'm no Rethuglitard!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Where the **** have you been for the past five years. I'm no Rethuglitard!

You are whatever you get paid to be.

So you'll be a democrat campaign worker, in jpress/brooks brothers, working upstate. Good luck with that. Don't go out at night.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You are whatever you get paid to be. So you'll be a democrat campaign worker, in jpress/brooks brothers, working upstate. Good luck with that. Don't go out at night.
They will welcome me as the savvy and suave campaign strategist, pulled from Albany's halls of power to crush the Republican opposition.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do it Conne, you'll gain experience that'll make you worth your weight in gold. If you can delivery the voats, you'll always be needed by somebody (not to mention Princeton Law will love you!).

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2duld3r.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'd be a party hack, working as a jack-of-all-trades on a state campaign. It's something I'd really like to do but the pay is quite lame (as per usual with campaigns). They keep telling me that I'll spend very little of my paycheck as housing, gas, other things related to work will all be on the expense acct. (plus, lots of free food at the office). But it requires going to the northern reaches of the Great State of New York, far from the comfort of suburbia.

Aw, poor baby.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm anxious about leaving the creature comforts of home but it's about time I man up and do something by myself. Going downtown to meet with the campaign manager tomorrow, I think I'll be signing on to the team.
smile.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so, mikey, when you take a job with a sort of public aspect to it, will you have to curtail your posts here? It would be horrible if some wag were to find your StyleForvm persona, make it known to your employer (or the opposing candidate) and have it cause a problem.
devil.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
so, mikey, when you take a job with a sort of public aspect to it, will you have to curtail your posts here? It would be horrible if some wag were to find your StyleForvm persona, make it known to your employer (or the opposing candidate) and have it cause a problem.
devil.gif

You know blackmailing is a federal crime, non?
smile.gif
BTW, how do you quickly download someone's poasts? This copy/save thing is making me tired.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are whatever you get paid to be.

So you'll be a democrat campaign worker, in jpress/brooks brothers, working upstate. Good luck with that. Don't go out at night.

Is that something like a log cabin republican?

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hold off conne!

I know a rich old lady down here in Texas that's about to kick the bucket.

She's a dead ringer for Bea Arthur and wants a young stud ( that keeps me out
frown.gif
)

This could be your chance of a lifetime. Forget the politics silliness. There's only one BO and it's not you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads