1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Got a job offer (need advice)

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by Connemara, Jun 22, 2010.

1. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

Since when have you had moral qualms about reneging on an agreement?

I forgot about this SF storyline.

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

Do it Conne, you'll gain experience that'll make you worth your weight in gold. If you can delivery the voats, you'll always be needed by somebody (not to mention Princeton Law will love you!).

3. Davidko19

Davidko19 Senior member

4. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I'd be a party hack, working as a jack-of-all-trades on a state campaign. It's something I'd really like to do but the pay is quite lame (as per usual with campaigns). They keep telling me that I'll spend very little of my paycheck as housing, gas, other things related to work will all be on the expense acct. (plus, lots of free food at the office). But it requires going to the northern reaches of the Great State of New York, far from the comfort of suburbia.

Aw, poor baby.

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I'm anxious about leaving the creature comforts of home but it's about time I man up and do something by myself. Going downtown to meet with the campaign manager tomorrow, I think I'll be signing on to the team. [​IMG]

6. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    so, mikey, when you take a job with a sort of public aspect to it, will you have to curtail your posts here? It would be horrible if some wag were to find your StyleForvm persona, make it known to your employer (or the opposing candidate) and have it cause a problem. [​IMG]

7. DNW

DNW Senior member

so, mikey, when you take a job with a sort of public aspect to it, will you have to curtail your posts here? It would be horrible if some wag were to find your StyleForvm persona, make it known to your employer (or the opposing candidate) and have it cause a problem. [​IMG]
    You know blackmailing is a federal crime, non? [​IMG] BTW, how do you quickly download someone's poasts? This copy/save thing is making me tired.

8. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

You are whatever you get paid to be.

So you'll be a democrat campaign worker, in jpress/brooks brothers, working upstate. Good luck with that. Don't go out at night.

Is that something like a log cabin republican?

9. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

Take it. It will look good on your inevitable law school application.

[​IMG]

10. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Hold off conne!

I know a rich old lady down here in Texas that's about to kick the bucket.

She's a dead ringer for Bea Arthur and wants a young stud ( that keeps me out[​IMG] )

This could be your chance of a lifetime. Forget the politics silliness. There's only one BO and it's not you.

11. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    You know blackmailing is a federal crime, non?

I would never do anything like that, especially to conne.
    I'd just hate to think of us losing him because he took a job in politics.

12. willpower

willpower Senior member

It's beautiful up there and you'll probably meet some hotties. Great experience. Try it for a month. You no like, you no go no mo.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

13. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

It's beautiful up there and you'll probably meet some hotties.

The fast food/grocery store girls were surprisingly attractive when I was last in the area. [​IMG]

14. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Since when have you had moral qualms about reneging on an agreement?

AC wins the internet today.

15. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Hold off conne!

I know a rich old lady down here in Texas that's about to kick the bucket.

She's a dead ringer for Bea Arthur and wants a young stud ( that keeps me out[​IMG] )

This could be your chance of a lifetime. Forget the politics silliness. There's only one BO and it's not you.

Well, they both stink though. [​IMG]

16. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Tell us about all the toothless campaign groupies that you coerce into meeting for coffee at dunkin donuts

17. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Tell us about all the toothless campaign groupies that you coerce into meeting for coffee at dunkin donuts
    Excuse me but I'm a gentleman; they will be taken to Starbucks. But srsly, think of all the doe-eyed high school and college chicks that will want to volunteer. All idealistic and malleable. They'll be wowed by my big intellect and big schlong.

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

How much does a 23 year old need to spend when you get a bunch of stuff paid for like that? I mean, you have car insurance, health insurance (maybe they have an affordable plan), random nights out (assuming you'll be pretty busy though in an area that's not expensive), basic groceries, maybe they'll pay for a cell phone, and then just whatever. Should be fine even with shit pay. How shit is shit? Like minimum wage? Dunno what it is there but like $8 with all that stuff paid for in a cheap area isn't terrible for someone like you who is getting an oppurtunity. Actually is good unless your debt is really high

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Yeah I guess my expenses won't be all that high. Car insurance, cell phone, credit card (which I may just pay off when I sell some stock) food are monthly expenditures. Bars are dirt cheap in that area.

The pay is a whopping $1,600/mo.

20. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Yeah I guess my expenses won't be all that high. Car insurance, cell phone, credit card (which I may just pay off when I sell some stock) food are monthly expenditures. Bars are dirt cheap in that area.

The pay is a whopping $1,600/mo.

Are you really upset about that? $1,600/ month, basically all expenses included. Car insurance probably isn't more than $200 max unless you have insane coverage. Cellphone is what, $100 or $150. Please don't expect anyone to feel bad for you when you basically have $300 a week for spending on absolutely nothing you need while you do the work you've always wanted to do.