• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamays00

Reaction score
1st fit pic here...

Photo1.jpg

jersey blazer is a/x
vneck is jcrew
511s
clae sneakers

Jonah

Reaction score
^^ good overall 'fit', some might think it douchey though. If I had a complaint I would say that I dislike the colour of the tee shirt. Is that dark grey or dark green? perhaps try a white v-neck.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamays00
jersey blazer is a/x
vneck is jcrew
511s
clae sneakers

Yeah, for a n00b fit it's not bad, but the shoes are mismatched with the jacket. The jeans need to be hemmed a bit as well.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamays00
1st fit pic here...

Photo1.jpg

jersey blazer is a/x
vneck is jcrew
511s
clae sneakers

The blazer is too big in the shoulders and the jeans desperately need a hem. Shirt looks not bad and the sneakers seem ok, but as others said a better photo would help.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
I'm 16
Holy ****.
Originally Posted by johnH123
Really? ****. Posting pics of clothing on a clothing forum, wtf was I thinking? But seriously, just because some people have hijacked SW&D with their point of view doesn't mean 'normal' stuff isn't fair game to post. I went back through the old, old threads and saw people like jet whining about the workwear groupthink that pervaded the forum until those posters moved on and the 'luxury'/gothninja folks took over. I enjoy seeing the different looks people bring to the table (even uncontrol, when I choose to view his posts as I see he's being less bitchy these days) but I'm getting sick of the people who shut down anything that is 'normal'. And to be frank, most of the **** people wear here would be unrecognizable to 99% of people out there and really doesn't mean anything outside of this forum. It's cute that some people have chosen to swing their e-dicks around on a discussion board to make up for what is in all likelihood a lack of power IRL, but I think sometimes people need to chill out and actually discuss **** without being catty and pretending to be in some sort of exclusive club that no0bs can't be part of. My clothing is boring, so what.
If I wanted "normal" (and by that, I'm sure you mean ****** and pedestrian), I'd take a walk outside. Get the **** out of WAYWT, this is for the stylish. Your fit is ****, you said so yourself, I'm sure the fabric is **** and uninteresting, so why the **** did you post? And if you were half as secure as you pretend to be against we who have "a lack of power IRL," you wouldn't feel the need to defend your ****, now would you? PS: There should be a probationary WAYWT where newbs can be set loose, it's always the new class that brings the drama and **** fits.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
2ywsun6.jpg
Seems I need to shave, and eat more. only started eating real food from last night... god it was so delicious

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
Pretty hot today. Cue the flip flop hate. I think my new Sperry's would have looked good, but they've given me a massive blister on my toe and I'm beginning to think they're too small for me (which blows, they're pricy here in Canada). If anyone's in the market for some navy blue Sperry Top Siders in a size 10, you might be in luck.
dscf1593.jpg

j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif
j9wwur.gif
2a5gn7d.gif

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

Had my hair cut today, little bit off the fringe.

T shirt: Topman
Jeans: Nudies
Shoes: Jil Sander
Watch: Longines

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The length of that toe is a mindtrip

jamays00

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jonah
^^ good overall 'fit', some might think it douchey though. If I had a complaint I would say that I dislike the colour of the tee shirt. Is that dark grey or dark green? perhaps try a white v-neck.
T is a really dark grey, wasnt going for a douchey look
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Yeah, for a n00b fit it's not bad, but the shoes are mismatched with the jacket. The jeans need to be hemmed a bit as well.
agreed about the hem they are brand new
Originally Posted by hendrix
Can't really assess, take a better photo please.
camera is broke, took the pic with a macbook webcam ha picked a great time to start posting pics huh
Originally Posted by XenoX101
The blazer is too big in the shoulders and the jeans desperately need a hem. Shirt looks not bad and the sneakers seem ok, but as others said a better photo would help.
blazer actually fits quite snug in the shoulders (just looks a little off in the pic) but sleeves are a bit long, it has functioning buttons so id sooner toss it in the dryer before i had the sleeves altered from the shoulder on a $40 jacket heres todays pic... again with the bad macbook quality
1.jpg
h&m old gap khakis cut into shorts varvatos shoes

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything looks fine, but not outstanding.

Stand up straight, fix your camera, don't respond to every piece of criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics