• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Today it's Marc Jacobs on the left and Philosykos on the right. I think you all know who's going to win...

Philosykos is wonderful for this time of year. I haven't worn or thought about that one for quite a while, so I'm glad you reminded me of it.

I'm wearing Terre d'Hermes today.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
today Bvlgari Black, feeling weird.

Been testing/comparing a few
Azzaro versus Boss 1 - thoughts?
Kouros versus Fraisheur version - thoughts?
C&S Dark Rose versus Montale Black Aoud versus Fresh Cannabis Rose versus Rose 31 versus Malle un Rose and also C&S Rose and no88 thrown in there - trying to figure out which I like best. I'm leaning towards Black Oud as my "dark" rose

I find fraischeur a bit easier to wear than the original Kouros. I don't think I've reached for the original in quite some time.

Today: Puig Agua Lavanda in the splash bottle. A light, inexpensive lavender.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Strangely - today, Knize Ten.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tom Ford Extreme today.

boo

Reaction score
Bond Andy Warhol Montauk today. I really love this as a summer frag. It isn't especially sophisticated or complex (though Bond fragrances typically aren't), but to me it brings back memories of waking up in the morning while camping at the beach. Definitely not one to wear at work if I'm planning to get anything done.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jardin Apres La Mousson.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Philosykos is wonderful for this time of year. I haven't worn or thought about that one for quite a while, so I'm glad you reminded me of it.
Yep, I'm so happy I found that one. Perfect for this time of year too. The MJFM is like a wet leaves cold version while the Dyptique one has a certain creamyness. Doesn't last more then a few hours on my skin unfortunately, but it's just so damn nice I'll still but some.
Originally Posted by Thomas
I find fraischeur a bit easier to wear than the original Kouros. I don't think I've reached for the original in quite some time.
I tested both on teh same day and I think you're right. The drydown is pretty similar but the opening on the fraischeur is lighter to work with. Still, I'm considering getting a bottle of the original just for collection purposes which I'll probably shake my head about and then sell off relatively unused in only a few months from now.
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Tom Ford Extreme today.
I like that one so much more the the regular TFFM. I can't smell why anyone likes the "original". Extreme's a really nice one, mature leather and some other stuff if I recall. I think I decided it was too imposing for my tastes.
Originally Posted by kulata
Wearing Body Kouros today.
I sampled that the other day and kept asking people around me what deliciously sweet frag they were wearing. I think it was actually me just catching wafts of myself. For some reason I was picturing black liquorish but I kept smelling cotton candy?

Today I went OLD school, Drakkar Noir.
drakkar.jpg

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like that one so much more the the regular TFFM. I can't smell why anyone likes the "original". Extreme's a really nice one, mature leather and some other stuff if I recall. I think I decided it was too imposing for my tastes.

The opening of Tom Ford Extreme is very pungent--a bit like turpentine. I think "imposing" is a good description!

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1. Eau du Fier by Annick Goutal
2. Yatagan by Caron
3. Vintage Tabarome by Creed
4. Fumidus by profumum
5. Kolnisch Juchten...the more modern version

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Secretions Magnifiques today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads