Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Taking out a sample of Patchouli Patch out for a spin, and I'm alternately reminded why I got it in the first place, and why I swapped it away.

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Taking out a sample of Patchouli Patch out for a spin, and I'm alternately reminded why I got it in the first place, and why I swapped it away.

Yeah, that's a tough one. Sort of sweet, cloying patchouli. I like it... and actually went through two bottles... but it's NOT an easy wear.

Montale Patchouli Leaves is a more satisfying patchouli, overall, IMHO. Unfortunately, it's really hard to find and costs too much... but it's great.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Yeah, that's a tough one. Sort of sweet, cloying patchouli. I like it... and actually went through two bottles... but it's NOT an easy wear.

Montale Patchouli Leaves is a more satisfying patchouli, overall, IMHO. Unfortunately, it's really hard to find and costs too much... but it's great.

Yeah, I like it, and then I think it's too likeable and not interesting enough. I do think that L'Artisan did something interesting in creating a fruity vibe without referencing fruity notes.

If you've not tried Reminiscence Patchouli Elixir, that one's quite interesting.

4. dv_indian

dv_indian Senior member

What's a safe relatively cheap fragrance thing that I can use on those rare occasions I need to smell good without smelling like a Mexican who used some cheap ass perfume?

These are cheap and have drawn compliments from women when I wore them. But every person's body chemistry is different so YMMV.

Ungaro III
    Chrome by Azzaro
    3rd man by Caron

5. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

today Bvlgari Black, feeling weird.

Been testing/comparing a few
    Azzaro versus Boss 1 - thoughts?
    Kouros versus Fraisheur version - thoughts?
    C&S Dark Rose versus Montale Black Aoud versus Fresh Cannabis Rose versus Rose 31 versus Malle un Rose and also C&S Rose and no88 thrown in there - trying to figure out which I like best. I'm leaning towards Black Oud as my "dark" rose

6. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think Rose du Nuit is my favorite dark rose but it's not easy to find. I like the rose in Aramis 900, too. I hate Rose 31 - I have a decant that I'll throw into the swap box.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Inspired (sort of) by Thomas, I went with Purple Patchouli today. I can't say enough good things about this one.

8. scugger

scugger Senior member

C&S Dark Rose versus Montale Black Aoud versus Fresh Cannabis Rose versus Rose 31 versus Malle un Rose and also C&S Rose and no88 thrown in there - trying to figure out which I like best. I'm leaning towards Black Oud as my "dark" rose

Black Aoud is my fave dark rose.

I have only tried that, Rose 31, and no 88 from that list though.

9. Master-Classter

PS - just checking, how's the box coming along? There might be a few moves around of people.

Also, just FYI what I'm thinking is that since the last box went MIA along with Rambo...
    Either Hartmann or I will hang onto the box when it gets back to Toronto and then I'm happy to organize this thing again in 4-6 months. I've constantly got a pile of new things to add. Anyway, let me know if you have any thoughts on that.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today, back to the patchouli theme with SCS Smoke & Beads. I guess this one's more of a 'fruitchouli' - which sounds rather abominable, but is made considerably better with the addition of smoky incense.

11. Master-Classter

Today it's Marc Jacobs on the left and Philosykos on the right. I think you all know who's going to win...

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Today it's Marc Jacobs on the left and Philosykos on the right. I think you all know who's going to win...

Philosykos is wonderful for this time of year. I haven't worn or thought about that one for quite a while, so I'm glad you reminded me of it.

I'm wearing Terre d'Hermes today.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

today Bvlgari Black, feeling weird.

Been testing/comparing a few
    Azzaro versus Boss 1 - thoughts?
    Kouros versus Fraisheur version - thoughts?

I find fraischeur a bit easier to wear than the original Kouros. I don't think I've reached for the original in quite some time.

Today: Puig Agua Lavanda in the splash bottle. A light, inexpensive lavender.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Strangely - today, Knize Ten.

15. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar today.