• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
i agree the PO is really nice but to me they seem almost ubiquitous these days.
That's a bit extreme of a statement. I see one PO for 5 speedys, 10 datejusts and 20 subs

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soviet one

mmm48.jpg

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clockwise
Setting the alarm for one of those cloudy Hong Kong days.
That is beautiful.

OK, I am not a watch guy and am not sure if I can ever get used to having something on my wrist, but do you find the watches with a splash of color like that one to be less versatile to wear with suits in the workplace? I am sure where I work nobody would care but I want to know what watch people think is most proper.

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kappelan
I love a classic watch size. Like this )

p1010010.jpg

Great watch! I have an Omega Seamaster Deville from the same time period.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
That is beautiful.

OK, I am not a watch guy and am not sure if I can ever get used to having something on my wrist, but do you find the watches with a splash of color like that one to be less versatile to wear with suits in the workplace? I am sure where I work nobody would care but I want to know what watch people think is most proper.

Thanks. The splash of colour stop wouldn't stop me from wearing that watch with a suit. The sporty rally type strap is however not ideal, a black or dark brown croc strap usually works better with a suit. Biggest problem is however the large size, which makes it difficult to wear comfortably with shirt cuffs. I see lots of people wearing Panerai or other big watches with suits; while it looks rather clumsy, it is not uncommon at least in a Hong Kong business environment.

Canal Directo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Okay, I get it. It's a clunker. I'm digging the brown dial so the search will continue. Any suggestions?
If you want a brown dial and a chrono, go with this one: PAM 311, you'll also get a second time zone and a 8 days rÃ
00a9.png
serve de marche indicator "for free"
311-profile.jpg
PAM311K1.jpg
PAM311-chrono-gmt-8.jpg
inlove.gif
On my wish list, unfortunately after too many watches.

Singular

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Canal Directo
If you want a brown dial and a chrono, go with this one:
PAM 311, you'll also get a second time zone and a 8 days rÃ
00a9.png
serve de marche indicator "for free"

On my wish list, unfortunately after too many watches.

Isn't the Speedmaster available with a brown dial as well?

/M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads